Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:23:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions  (Read 74917 times)
Filinovich
AdamFilinovich
Rookie
United States

« on: July 10, 2018, 08:03:20 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

2.) Article IV § 3 of the Southern Constitution shall be amended to read the following:

3.) The Governor of the Southern Region shall notify the GM of these changes following the approval of the voters of the South.

[/quote]
Filinovich
AdamFilinovich
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 02:53:15 PM »

2.) Article IV § 3 of the Southern Constitution shall be amended to read the following:

3.) The Governor of the Southern Region shall notify the GM of these changes following the approval of the voters of the South.

The GM doesn't really have an involvement with administration of elections. He is more a generator of events/data/god figure.

Also the term lengths make section 2 unworkable. The terms are for two months, but Federal midterms occur every four months.
[/quote]

Section 3 was mostly referring to letting the GM know to update the Electoral Calendar. I'll work on the term lengths. Thank you very much!
Filinovich
AdamFilinovich
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 03:00:07 PM »

Truman's does have control over the Introduction Thread and thus the calendar, but that predates his time as Game Moderator. I think he was a Senator or something when he created this latest version of the thread. A future GM thus might not be in control of the thread/calendar.

That makes sense. Thank you very much, Mr. President!
Filinovich
AdamFilinovich
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »

[/quote]

This should hopefully fix those errors.
Filinovich
AdamFilinovich
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »

I'm thrilled that someone finally did this! I suggest changing the Southern Senate elections to be concurrent with the other regions too.

Thanks! I saw that the Chamber of Delegates was looking into changing the election dates with
S.18.16: Special Elections Act and
S.18.17: Southern Elections Act,
and I decided to take a swing at writing something up. I excluded the Senate election because the original bills also excluded it, I see no issue with changing those elections as well.
Filinovich
AdamFilinovich
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »

[/quote]

I've not looked into this too much so make sure to read the article itself and make sure it doesn't break anything.
Filinovich
AdamFilinovich
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 02:48:15 PM »

I've not looked into this too much so make sure to read the article itself and make sure it doesn't break anything.

This is very well-written as well! In the CoD, we have come to a compromise to amend the previous bill to be only about Senate elections. Can I propose this as an amendment?
[/quote]

Of course!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies