McConnell shuts down Warren for reading Corretta Scott King letter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:59:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  McConnell shuts down Warren for reading Corretta Scott King letter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McConnell shuts down Warren for reading Corretta Scott King letter  (Read 4493 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: February 08, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2017, 02:28:51 PM by hermit »

Just put this incident on the list, because have you heard what's coming?

http://www.wisn.com/article/a-day-without-a-woman-womens-march-organizers-plan-general-strike/8683454

http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/1131859/a-full-on-womens-strike-is-coming-and-people-are-freaking-out

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2017/02/07/first-women's-march-now-women's-strike-coming-soon/97583354/

The people who organized the recent woman's march are now organizing "A Day Without a Woman" strike.

"The will of the people will stand."

Can't wait to see this!

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:10:12 PM »

Evidently Warren was blasting Sessions before she read the letter. I read somewhere that McConnell was blasting her for blasting Sessions first, before the letter. Whatever.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 09:09:27 PM »

I think it's partisan stuff going on and also sexism. Warren is very aggressive and she doesn't put sugar on her words. And I don't think many people (mostly males) can stand that. It's like with Hillary, she was always too loud, or too shrill, or she laughed the wrong way, or wore the wrong thing....females get harsher treatment than their male counterparts and that's that. Especially if they are aggressive or seeking power...it's so unlady-like.

But the GOP will not be able to silence Warren indefinitely and that will be their problem. Let's see how this plays out when the women who marched a couple of weeks ago go on strike, which is the next thing planned. A day without a woman. Watch for it.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:28:00 AM »

Let's see how this plays out when the women who marched a couple of weeks ago go on strike, which is the next thing planned. A day without a woman. Watch for it.

Just a day without one?  That's child's play for most of the posters on this forum.

Look at what a one-day strike by females in Iceland did in 1975:

https://libcom.org/history/iceland-women%E2%80%99s-strike-1975

"On October 24, 90% of women in Iceland, in both urban and rural communities, did not go to their paid jobs or do housework or childcare at home.

As a result, many industries shut down for the day."

"A year after the strike, in 1976, Iceland formed the Gender Equality Council and passed the Gender Equality Act, which outlawed gender discrimination in workplaces and schools.

In 1980, Iceland elected its first female president, Vigdis Finnbogadottir, who held office for four terms, until 1996....

Today Iceland has the highest level of gender equality in the world, with the highest level of women’s participation in the labour market, with heavily subsidised childcare and three months’ paid parental leave to each parent."

What difference a day makes.... Wink

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »

Let's see how this plays out when the women who marched a couple of weeks ago go on strike, which is the next thing planned. A day without a woman. Watch for it.

Just a day without one?  That's child's play for most of the posters on this forum.

Look at what a one-day strike by females in Iceland did in 1975:

https://libcom.org/history/iceland-women%E2%80%99s-strike-1975

It sounds like my joke may have flown over your head.  Tongue

No, I think I got your joke, I just chose to answer it by ignoring it. I thought the point I made about your comment was more important to emphasize.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »

Just because Graham ran a p*ss poor Presidential campaign and had to drop out, he probably feels threatened by a female who is more vocal, inspiring, and aggressive than he is. The writing is on the wall in BIG letters that Warren has bigger balls than him, and she doesn't even have any balls.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies