Romney VP search begins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:39:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney VP search begins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney VP search begins  (Read 18184 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« on: April 21, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
« edited: April 21, 2012, 09:12:23 PM by Superique »

Herman Cain because America needs Pizza!

Now, being serious, I think Condolezza Rice a great name but I bet she will accept the invitation...

I think Romney doesn't need a real conservative at all, I like Ryan but he will not help Romney and he will actually make some progressive voters support Obama.

Ryan would create a little bit of fear from the poor voters, retired and middle class voters  that wouldn't vote for Obama if Ryan wasn't in the ticket. Ryan could mobilise progressive voters behind Obama and that isn't good.

Portman is a nice option but he looks very similar to Romney. In Brazil, we call candidates who don't have charisma as "Picolés de Chuchu" (Chayote Popsicle, as it doens't have any flavor) and I would say that Romney is one of these politicians so he need a more charismatic VP.

Chayote Popsicle Politician: "his ideas and his appeal to the electorate are as tasteless as the popular Brazilian vegetable, Chayote."
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »

What about Tom Colbert or Tom Ridge?

Maybe picking up a woman could be nice, not a conservative one, a moderate, from the South... Does anyone know a Republican like that?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »

What about Tom Colbert or Tom Ridge?
Maybe picking up a woman could be nice, not a conservative one, a moderate, from the South... Does anyone know a Republican like that?
Ridge would be a safe pick. He is a moderate and was Governor of Pennsylvania where Romney could sure use him to win Pa!

Southern Moderate and a Woman- Romney can make a call to Elizabeth Dole to see if she is interested for the VP slot. Romney needs to pick up North Carolina too on Election Day. She has been out of politics for a little over 3 years though. What about Illenia Ros-Lethien? She is hispanic and been in the US House for a long time I think.

Once I was playing with Mitt Romney on the Political Machine Game and I choosed Ridge as my VP.... He was pretty usefull!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:44:04 PM »

Romney/Bush vs. weak incumbent Obama would be akin to Reagan/Bush vs. weak incumbent Carter. Of course, who knows.

Obama is better than Carter.

Romney is like a Rockfeller, a Gerald Ford, he isn't like Ronald Reagan. Bush Senior is better than little Jeb...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies