2010 FL Senate Election - South Florida Precinct Map (Big map) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:57:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 FL Senate Election - South Florida Precinct Map (Big map) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 FL Senate Election - South Florida Precinct Map (Big map)  (Read 5134 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: January 28, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »
« edited: January 28, 2011, 09:16:53 AM by Verily »

What's with the pocket of Meek support in southern Miami-Dade? I didn't think there were black voters that far down.

Also, Crist's strength in Key West is amusing.

There are a lot of blacks in Homestead. In general, there's a trail of blacks along US-1 all the way down to Homestead (including a lot of Haitians, I think). Pre-2000 (or maybe pre-1990?), the black district in Miami-Dade had a tail going down US-1 to take them all in.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2011, 04:31:19 PM by Verily »

Coral Gables voted Rubio big time, no? How did the university of Miami precincts vote?

Coral Gables definitely voted for Rubio, though by a noticably lesser margin than the Cuban areas to the north, northeast, and northwest. I believe that the University of Miami precincts are the red island on the west part of the city and the couple of green precincts that surround it. The really small blue ones might be a part too, I'm not certain.

U Miami voted for Rubio, albeit not by very much; it's the precinct west and south of the Meek area, which is the black neighborhood of Coral Gables. US-1 is the clean line between them.

Edit: The black Meek area is over the border in Miami, actually. It's Southwest Coconut Grove. But U Miami is definitely the 40% Rubio precinct to its southwest (between the pincers of canals that reach to US-1).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies