COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:37:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 268267 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: April 25, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »

Of course they wuld push back on it. It's in their financial interest to do so.

Yeah, I mean, I agree with that. Gilead has a history of corporate scumbaggery, anyway. I was just pointing it out since TSA asked.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #826 on: April 25, 2020, 05:11:34 PM »

Of course they wuld push back on it. It's in their financial interest to do so.

Yeah, I mean, I agree with that. Gilead has a history of corporate scumbaggery, anyway. I was just pointing it out since TSA asked.

it's why I'm having an exceptionally hard time believing them.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #827 on: April 25, 2020, 05:14:06 PM »

What the f**k does this mean? Can anyone decipher it for me, please?

He's telling us he's mentally ill and thoight that he was having a convo with somebody else instead of Birx, even though it was on camera and everybody can see that he's wrong and/or lying.

Why he's sharing this out loud, I don't know. File it under "Crazy Trump Tweets".

I posted a response to this in the Crazy Trump Tweets thread. While I remain skeptical of Mr. Trump's sanity, I don't think this should be just chalked up to "Yes, Mr. Trump is insane." It is also an attempt to drag people into arguing about who said what to whom, distracting them from the reality: Mr. Trump is in countless ways unfit for any public office, and should have been removed long since. And the people who willfully keep him there are themselves criminals and traitors.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #828 on: April 25, 2020, 05:15:52 PM »

I decipher this as meaning that he's gonna stop giving coronavirus press briefings from now on? Well, thank God if this is the case.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #829 on: April 25, 2020, 05:21:38 PM »

I decipher this as saying "don't take bleach":

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #830 on: April 25, 2020, 05:27:13 PM »

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #831 on: April 25, 2020, 05:28:33 PM »

I would be a bit hesitant to believe that because I have friends who work for Disney and they're being told they can come back probably in a couple of months not almost a year until Disney themselves say that I don't believe that
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #832 on: April 25, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »

I decipher this as saying "don't take bleach":

The Cure?

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #833 on: April 25, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »

Uhh...is this not massively concerning to any of the lockdown forever folks?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-prisons-testing-in-idUSKCN2270RX?taid=5ea4b672e153850001937bf4&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #834 on: April 25, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »

I decipher this as meaning that he's gonna stop giving coronavirus press briefings from now on? Well, thank God if this is the case.

Somebody had to carefully explain to him that the more he gets in front of the camera and opens his mouth, the more his approval ratings and his polling numbers vs. Biden continue to dive.  This tweet is his typical piss-ant way of acquiescing to that advice, at long last.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #835 on: April 25, 2020, 05:43:41 PM »

A restaurant in this state opened again for sit down today and they're being heavily roasted on social media with calls to take away their business license
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #836 on: April 25, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »

I thought we were supposed to get results of the severe symptom patients half of their trials next week, in advance of Gilead’s quarterly earnings report Thursday.  Now this is saying mid-to-late May?  I’m not sure how that is “ahead of schedule”.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #837 on: April 25, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »

For those who don’t want to click the link, officials in four state prisons tested almost all their prisoners for the virus.  In one more than 80% tested positive.  Among all who tested positive, 96% were asymptomatic. 

I’m not sure how any of this is surprising given what we know about the contagiousness of the virus and its prevalence from all the serology studies that we’ve seen in the past two weeks.
Omega21

« Reply #838 on: April 25, 2020, 06:28:27 PM »

There are far fever 60+yr olds in Prison, than outside.

5% inside vs 21% outside.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2014/09/prisons-are-facing-aging-populations-too/379972/
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #839 on: April 25, 2020, 06:59:18 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2020, 07:04:03 PM by Calthrina950 »

I'm going to provide another update on mask-wearing where I live today. A few days ago, the Colorado Department of Public Health issued an order reinforcing that issued by Governor Polis last week, providing more specific guidelines for mask-wearing by essential employees at work. The order is in effect until May 23. Even though I praised Polis' initial order, I still thought that it was a strange sight to see all of the other employees masked. Several were complaining about how uncomfortable the masks were, like last time, and some were despairing at the prospect that the mask order may be extended past May 23. As for customers, the vast majority-probably around 70%-are wearing masks now. There were of course still that substantial minority which are not doing so, and will never do so unless if they are ordered to-which is something I don't think is going to happen at this point. I can certainly sympathize, from personal experience, with some of the discomforts caused by hours of continuous mask-wearing. But it's a necessary sacrifice for now.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #840 on: April 25, 2020, 07:00:58 PM »

So it appears that being infected with COVID-19 does not confer immunity from getting infected again. This means that we'll never be free of it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #841 on: April 25, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »

According to the university of Maryland impact analysis platform you can see data on who is social distancing by state and county. http://data.covid.umd.edu
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #842 on: April 25, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »

He's taking his ball and going home. 
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #843 on: April 25, 2020, 07:16:00 PM »

So it appears that being infected with COVID-19 does not confer immunity from getting infected again. This means that we'll never be free of it.

What evidence do you have of this?
There have been almost 3 million confirmed cases of covid-19, including almost a million confirmed recoveries.  As far as I know, there have been no confirmed cases of independent reinfection after recovery.  If infection didn’t confer immunity, shouldn’t there be thousands of such cases?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #844 on: April 25, 2020, 07:19:00 PM »

Right, this shows how the virus is so much less harmful to young and healthy people than it is to older people.   

And thus it also suggests that a strategy differentiating between how we treat the vulnerable versus healthy population would be much more effective at reducing over deaths than our current strategy of blanket lockdowns.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #845 on: April 25, 2020, 07:24:17 PM »

Well today is already higher than every day except yesterday. So much for having peaked.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #846 on: April 25, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »

I'm going to provide another update on mask-wearing where I live today. A few days ago, the Colorado Department of Public Health issued an order reinforcing that issued by Governor Polis last week, providing more specific guidelines for mask-wearing by essential employees at work. The order is in effect until May 23. Even though I praised Polis' initial order, I still thought that it was a strange sight to see all of the other employees masked. Several were complaining about how uncomfortable the masks were, like last time, and some were despairing at the prospect that the mask order may be extended past May 23. As for customers, the vast majority-probably around 70%-are wearing masks now. There were of course still that substantial minority which are not doing so, and will never do so unless if they are ordered to-which is something I don't think is going to happen at this point. I can certainly sympathize, from personal experience, with some of the discomforts caused by hours of continuous mask-wearing. But it's a necessary sacrifice for now.

I went to Food Lion today to but chicken and cigarettes. Half the employees weren't even wearing masks. Spotted a few customers wearing them but most weren't.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #847 on: April 25, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »

When we will see active cases start to drop?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: April 25, 2020, 07:45:22 PM »

When we will see active cases start to drop?

Increasing case numbers are a good thing right now, because they indicate increased testing.  We’re still probably only catching maybe 10% of the actual cases that are out there.

Decreasing deaths is what we should really be looking for.  Though I’m skeptical we’ll see significant drops while our current strategy is in place.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #849 on: April 25, 2020, 07:47:08 PM »

I went to Food Lion today to but chicken and cigarettes. Half the employees weren't even wearing masks. Spotted a few customers wearing them but most weren't.

I guess it depends on where you go. People in Colorado definitely seem to have taken Polis' mask advisory to heart. As I said, it's highly unlikely Colorado mandates mask-wearing for the general public at this point, especially since the state is gradually starting to reopen. However, essential employees must continue wearing them for another month. It's certainly a sight I never thought that I would see.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies