FiveThirtyEight Analysis: Don't Assume McDaniel Will Be Nominee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:37:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FiveThirtyEight Analysis: Don't Assume McDaniel Will Be Nominee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FiveThirtyEight Analysis: Don't Assume McDaniel Will Be Nominee  (Read 755 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: June 07, 2014, 10:19:46 PM »

Very good article.  I'd rate the runoff as a pure tossup, but I do know a lot of closeted Cochran fans (Democrats and Blacks) who will be coming out of the woodwork on June 24th.

People who didn't vote in either June 3 primary? If they voted in the Democratic primary, they can't vote this time, and if they didn't vote in either primary, why do they all-of-a-sudden care enough about Cochran if they didn't then?

I still hope Cochran pulls it out somehow, but I just don't see he's going to pull this off barring further scandal from McDaniel. Say what you will about Tea Partiers, they'll crawl over glass to vote for their people...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 12:11:17 AM »

If you didn't vote at all on June 3, you can vote in either runoff. You are only prevented from voting in the Republican runoff if you voted in the Democratic primary (or vice versa). How they enforce this beats me, since the only record is handwritten into a book.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies