Simpson:"Tax increases are necessary" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Simpson:"Tax increases are necessary" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Simpson:"Tax increases are necessary"  (Read 1724 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: April 17, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/04/17/simpson_says_tax_increases_are_necessary.html

At a panel discussion in Denver on reducing the nation's debt, former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-WY) said tax increases were needed to help balance the budget, according to the Colorado Statesman.

Said Simpson: "We've never had a war with no tax to support it, including the Revolution. People are told in Congress if they raise taxes by a nickel, they'll be strung up by their heels in the town square."

Simpson also recounted how he confronted anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist and they exchanged words over the legacy of Ronald Reagan, claimed by both as their personal hero. When Reagan was president, he raised taxes 11 times, Simpson said, a bit of history that made Norquist squirm.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 12:12:21 AM »

I was under the impression that Alan Simpson was a far-right extremist, and his entire deficit plan was far-right extremism.  Only conclusion I can draw?  Tax increases are far-right extremist.

That would be a completely illogical conclusion, but please be my guest and draw it.

Nobody ever accused wormy of being logical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies