I'm 30 years old and there's a Taking Back Sunday CD in my car's CD player (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:01:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm 30 years old and there's a Taking Back Sunday CD in my car's CD player (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm 30 years old and there's a Taking Back Sunday CD in my car's CD player  (Read 2899 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:16:13 AM »
« edited: June 28, 2014, 01:18:28 AM by Paul Kemp »

Taking Back Sunday is terrible but there are a few of their peer bands that are pretty decent (Say Anything, Brand New and Thursday). I'm surprised that Pitchfork hasn't revisited them in a favorable light considering that emo has had a massive comeback over the past few years and has been well received by a generation that hates the twee indie of Zoey Deschanel and Apple commercials.

It's worth nothing that Brand New has evolved considerably, for better or worse.

I'm seeing them for the first time in 10+ years in August, with Modest Mouse (who I'm way more excited about seeing). I saw Brand New twice right after they released Your Favorite Weapon. Haven't seen them since - it'll be like a completely different band, I imagine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies