Would Right Wing Forumites be Happier... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:23:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would Right Wing Forumites be Happier... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
YES!!

NO!!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Would Right Wing Forumites be Happier...  (Read 2758 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 15, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

It's more about tone than numbers. I don't mind the forum being 60-70% lefties. My problem is with grand unified theory statements* about how the GOP is the root of all evil, a refusal on the part of some posters to argue in good faith ("Socons just want to control women"), and insults from some of the red avatars.

Case in point:

Why?  Why would we want to turn the Atlas into a simple extension of contemporary society by injecting it with a mass of capitalist swine?  I doubt even the resident right-wingers would like that!

There are plenty of left wing posters who make excellent contributions to the forum, and blue avatars should be able to defend their ideas from criticism. The issues with a Dem majority only come up when the quality of discourse goes down.

*As Torie puts it.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »

It's more about tone than numbers. I don't mind the forum being 60-70% lefties. My problem is with grand unified theory statements* about how the GOP is the root of all evil, a refusal on the part of some posters to argue in good faith ("Socons just want to control women"), and insults from some of the red avatars.

Case in point:

Why?  Why would we want to turn the Atlas into a simple extension of contemporary society by injecting it with a mass of capitalist swine?  I doubt even the resident right-wingers would like that!

There are plenty of left wing posters who make excellent contributions to the forum, and blue avatars should be able to defend their ideas from criticism. The issues with a Dem majority only come up when the quality of discourse goes down.

*As Torie puts it.

Why do you take me seriously when I write things like that?  Do you think I actually talk like this? 

Using the phrase "Capitalist Swine"? No

Using Ad Hominem? Yes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies