FOX anchor openly calls for Obama assasination (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:09:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  FOX anchor openly calls for Obama assasination (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FOX anchor openly calls for Obama assasination  (Read 5350 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 27, 2008, 07:48:23 AM »

The thing that catches her on this is "well both if we could."  She's discussing the articles about people wanting to knock off Obama, stumbles, and says Osama first.  Dumb comment, obviously not a threat, and nothing close to some of the things said by others in the media regarding Bush.  Pretty much a non-issue other than a dumb comment.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »

Dumb comment, obviously not a threat, and nothing close to some of the things said by others in the media regarding Bush.

Obviously not a threat? Really? Nothing close to things being said regarding Bush? Please name me these people in the media that are calling for something even worse than assasination for President Bush. I've never heard of anyone in the media openly call for Bush's assassination like this woman did for Obama.

I am never surprised by your complete justification of hateful comments coming from the GOP.  You're extremely consistent in your bias.

My comments are completely consistent.  I draw a line at serious threats towards any US politician, no matter what party.  This wasn't a serious threat.  She made a dumb comment/joke before she engaged her brain.  No one viewing this (with any sort of rational mind) can come to the conclusion that she was seriously advocating the assasination of Obama.  You might want to go back and watch the video again.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 03:06:09 PM »

This wasn't a serious threat.  She made a dumb comment/joke before she engaged her brain.  No one viewing this (with any sort of rational mind) can come to the conclusion that she was seriously advocating the assasination of Obama. 

Joking about any politician's assassination is not a joke (unless you're a Republican and you're held to a different standard).

You justify her comments by saying that it's "nothing close" to what others in the media have said about Bush. I'm waiting for examples of these other things.

Easy enough (and more blatant):  Kerry and Bill Mahar joke about killing Bush

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies