Should this murderer get the death penalty? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:12:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should this murderer get the death penalty? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should this murderer get the death penalty?  (Read 7708 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: November 16, 2009, 03:05:41 PM »

No, of course not.

As explained in the other thread, nobody should ever be put to death, regardless of their crime.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:10:01 PM »

No, of course not.

As explained in the other thread, nobody should ever be put to death, regardless of their crime.

Peddling a 5 year old off for sex and then murdering her doesn't even get you closer to thinking yes?  Hmmmmm.

No really, I'm being perfectly serious.

Allowing the weight of the crime to influence my principle opposition to the death penalty would make a mockery out of the principle.

I oppose capital punishment, and I'd be quite a big hypocrite if I allowed exceptions for things like this.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »

No, of course not.

Peddling a 5 year old off for sex and then murdering her doesn't even get you closer to thinking yes?  Hmmmmm.

Allowing the weight of the crime to influence my principle opposition to the death penalty would make a mockery out of the principle.

I oppose capital punishment, and I'd be quite a big hypocrite if I allowed exceptions for things like this.

No,  you'd be just a normal human being........but NP, I'm not fighting with ya....just curious.

That's fine, if you support capital punishment Wink And since you do, supporting it in this case would clearly not be hypocritical.

I would have much less respect for so-called opponents if they allowed for "exceptions"

Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 03:23:30 PM »

No, of course not.

Peddling a 5 year old off for sex and then murdering her doesn't even get you closer to thinking yes?  Hmmmmm.

And there is nothing wrong with you sticking to your beliefs.  However, it will also keep you from sitting on many juries too (just thought I'd throw that in there).

Well if I wanted to serve on the jury, I'd lie about my capital punishment views. Wink

Otherwise, assuming I didn't want jury duty, I'd have an easy way out!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 04:47:04 AM »

And what would killing that piece of human trash accomplish?

Now no offense to you, sbane.....it's a natural human feeling, but I must admit I don't even like talking about criminals as "human trash" or "monsters" or whatever else.

As soon as we stop considering the person in question to be a human being just like the rest of us....I think that's when the problems of our justice system start.

Of course the person committed a terrible crime, and he should be punished very severely.....never being released from prison would be my wish. But he's still a human being, despite everything.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »

Yes, this waste of space does not deserve to live. When you take away another's life you lose the right to your own.

Why?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:02:28 AM »

Shadow of the Wave is going around in circles here.

He made a claim that killing someone caused you to lose your own right to life.

Then he went on to explain that by saying society had to prevent the killer from killing again, and upon hearing that life imprisonment would accomplish the same goal, he simply said he felt it was not adequate punishment.

None of that has to do with the original statement and my question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies