Local GOP Won't Back Griffith
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:44:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Local GOP Won't Back Griffith
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Local GOP Won't Back Griffith  (Read 1222 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »

http://www.decaturdaily.com/detail.html?sub_id=51793

Mo Brooks and Les Phillip — not U.S. Rep. Parker Griffith, R-Huntsville — have the support of the Madison County Republican Executive Committee.

In a resolution passed Monday, the committee urged voters to elect Brooks or Phillip in the Republican primary because of Griffith's Democratic leanings.

The resolution cited Griffith's support to end tax cuts associated with President George W. Bush and to impose a deadline for leaving Iraq. The resolution also listed Griffith's past financial support for Democratic leaders.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »

Mistake.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 03:42:59 PM »

hahaha, what a loser
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »

I'm a big county party person - but quite frankly, most people don't give a rats a$$ what they think.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »

lol and in 2008 the GOP tried to recruit him to run as Repub. He should have accepted. lol
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »

lol and in 2008 the GOP tried to recruit him to run as Repub. He should have accepted. lol

I think you're confusing him with Bobby Bright. Griffith had been a Dem for a while.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »

I think you're confusing him with Bobby Bright. Griffith had been a Dem for a while.

No. The NRCC tried to recruit Griffith to run as a Repub but he refused and instead ran as a Dem. I know what I am talking about and I am not confusing anything with anybody.

Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »

No. The NRCC tried to recruit Griffith to run as a Repub but he refused and instead ran as a Dem. I know what I am talking about and I am not confusing anything with anybody.

Source then?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »

Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »

That isn't a surprise.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »

Source then?

The link no longer works unfortunately. You will have to take my word for it. I remember it saying that Republicans had either tried or considered trying to get him to run as a Republican in 2008 but he instead choose to remain with his party and run under their banner.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »

Source then?

The link no longer works unfortunately. You will have to take my word for it. I remember it saying that Republicans had either tried or considered trying to get him to run as a Republican in 2008 but he instead choose to remain with his party and run under their banner.

That sounds like Bobby Bright.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »

Source then?

That sounds like Bobby Bright.

Indeed it does. But I remember the article plain as day. It was 2008, the GOP was desparate to gain seats, almost anywhere and so its not surprising that toyed with running certain Blue Dogs as Republicans some of whom went on to run as Dems and won. Griffith and Bright were among them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies