asians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:42:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  asians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: asians?  (Read 13727 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

« on: March 12, 2004, 12:36:35 AM »

Asians generally don't involve themselves in politics, but when they do, it's usually democratic. Think about it- 40% of the Asian population live in California and New York City. Really, are you suprised they are liberal?

Vietnamese-Americans are usually very conservative.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 10:26:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Very true.

Woah woah woah slow down. What faith-based views of the republican party? The 'traditional' republican part is liberal! The republican part isn't faith-based. Secondly, most asians I know are against abortion, reason being that about a third of all American Asians are Christians, with Catholicism being the largest religion among Asian-Americans at 21%. Further, 10% of Asian-Americans are Buddhist, and Buddhism condemns abortion, and additional 6% are Muslim or Jewish. Only about 20% of asians have a religious excuse to support abortion.

Yes, we just hate people who look different. They should all die. Or wait, wasn't it democrat Ernest Hollings who made racist statements towards Jews? Dan Rather from CBS who made racist statements towards blacks? hmmm

First, the economy was already being balanced from Reagan's economic plan. Clinton simply took the credit for it. As a matter of fact, currently, we have the lowest unemployment rate since Reagan was in office. It est, there was a lot of unemployment in Clinton's office. Second, he refused to restrict trade with China and opened up new ways to trade with human-rights stealer, China. Third, he is not considered the greatest president. I believe he was number 19 on the top presidents, rated by professors on USA today. Reagan was seven I think.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 12:14:40 PM »

CTguy,

Firstly, only 15% of Asians vote. So it's kind of silly to say that most Asians vote Democrat because the ones who did vote voted Democrat.

Though it's true that probably most graduate-educated people are liberal, that doesn't make liberals "better educated" than conservatives. Their intelligence balances out with all the less educated people- hispanics (70%) and blacks (85%) usually vote liberal, and they arn't very well educated people. That's 30% of the population right there, and about 1/3 of the democrat's population.

So no, liberals are not usually 'better educated'.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 12:24:51 AM »

"Educated" in my stance refers to a mixture of things. Did they graduate from High School? Did they go to junior college? 4-year college? Graduate? Law? Business? Medical, etc?

Yeah... I wasn't too suprised.

Muslims generally vote Republican (72% in 2000, 19% for Nader). Most American muslims actually supported the war on saddam, and are socially conservative (pro-life, pro-family, anti-homosexual rights, pro-faith in schools, etc.)  I wouldn't be suprised if Muslims still voted overwealmingly for Bush, and perhaps even more so because of his Marriage Defense Act proposal. In San Francisco (where I live), there was a huge muslim rally against the homosexual marriages going on, and they were attacking Gavin Newsom, a democrat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies