Pennsylvania Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:18:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania Congressional Races  (Read 3889 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: June 07, 2008, 01:01:47 PM »

Realistically, I think the only two interesting races will be PA-04 and PA-10, barring major scandal or something.

I guess PA-03 could be interesting, but that area was at the *heart* of the 2006 wave and English still outperformed Bush 2004 (granted against a nothing opponent, but still).  And I really don't call 60% in 2004 underperformance - but what do I know.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »

I don't know why so many people around here love Melissa Hart so much. She lost in 2006 despite a 2-1 fundraising advantage, and now her fundraising is in the toilet. Altmire has built a moderate voting record in Congress, and besides, it's not like "OMG NANCY PELOSI SAN FRANCISCO LIBERAL!!!" has been working very well for the Republicans.

Hart didn't lose or win because of fundraising.  She lost because she assumed Altmire had no chance, even up to the point where he did obviously have a chance.  Even then, she still might not have been able to survive the wave, which was very strong in that area of the US in 2006.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies