538: Matthews running in 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:39:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  538: Matthews running in 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538: Matthews running in 2010  (Read 5956 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »

That poll makes perfect sense to me. Matthews leans liberal and so does Pennsylvania.

He voted for Bush in 2000 when a lot of people did who could not "predict the future" as he put it. He has railed against Bush the last 4 years.

He lost the Congressional race when he had no name recognition beyond a book which most people had not heard of.

Jesse Ventura won by forgoing any hint of BS and being straight up and honest about everything. That's what Matthews will do.

I don't know if he'll win. But he's not some joke candidate. I wonder how many of you actually watch the show.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »

His show is a joke show.  I do know that.

It's not.

Consider that a good portion of the Scooter Libby trial revolved around Cheney's obsession with Hardball's reporting against him.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 01:47:52 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2008, 01:49:23 AM by emailking »

His show is a joke show.  I do know that.

It's not.

Consider that a good portion of the Scooter Libby trial revolved around Cheney's obsession with Hardball's reporting against him.

So now you're quoting a joke case in order to prove Hardball's net worth as a non-joke show.  Ok...

I reject your premise. Explain to me how you conclude that was a "joke case." All mainstream media outlets covered it in detail. The President found it significant enough to issue a commutation outside of the normal pardon process, which he has followed in all other such cases.

Moreover, you missed the point. If Hardball is a joke show, why was Cheney obsessed with what they were saying about him?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies