Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:05:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you?  (Read 2445 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« on: July 08, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »

Has there been an actual decline in religiosity or just a decline in organized religion?  When I see the pseudo Christian religions supporting Trump and the American Catholic Church trying to strong-arm Biden on abortion, I think the decline of organized religion is both, on balance, a good thing, and is something that organized religion has brought on itself.

Organized religions have done a lot of good things as well, so this isn't a bash organize religion thing for me, but looking at the history of the world with the Church being on the side of Kings who fought needless wars and subjugated the average person, and the same thing going on, for instance, in Russia today, there is still a lot that organized religions need to do to save themselves before preaching to others.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies