Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:01:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23527 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: March 22, 2014, 07:41:05 PM »

I applaud the governor's rational and healthily sceptical approach to this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:43 AM »

I endorse your bid for re-election.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:29:28 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2014, 01:33:43 AM by Governor Simfan »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Superique recently offered a private resignation as Pacific Crisis Manager, and frankly, I do not see the position as terribly productive or terribly legal. I do not plan to continue it.

Silver and gold star inductions will be conducted soon!

This was posted in my official thread. While it can be revisited, this represents my position on the issue at this point in time.

I would also not recommend any further stimulus packages be authorized to the region.

A regrettable decision, I must say, particularly considering the damage wrought by the earthquake earlier today. I am extending an invitation for you to come to the region to assess the damage yourself-- estimated at over $1 billion-- and meet with survivors as soon as is possible. I do hope you will come, Mr President.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2014, 09:56:44 PM by Governor Varavour »

Mr President,

I am notifying you that by a unanimous act of the Legislative Council (the Patriation of the Pacific Recovery Act), the position of Special Project Manager of the Save the Pacific Project has been formally abolished and its powers transferred to the governing authorities of the region. I thank you for your service as governor and in the White House, although my confusion as to the termination of aid still stands, as does my invitation to tour earthquake damaged areas.

Governor Varavour
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »

I've said this to you before, JCL: how do you declare war on a non state entity?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »

As for your next appointment, I call your bluff and say that you're not going to top this pick.

I'm not sure if that is even possible.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:37:09 PM »

What?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »

I've doubted the usefulness of the Game Moderator since I left the position early this year, and this only confirms to me that it's not a job that fits well into this game. There wasn't much immediate interest in the attack, but Sirnick's dismissal provoked an instant reaction.

That said, if you believe in the importance of the GM - and it's possible, even likely, that interest in Sirnick's story would have picked up over time - a political dismissal of an active and uncontroversial Game Moderator is a serious blow. It further damages the legitimacy of the position and violates a longstanding norm against political interference. If we continue to have a GM, I think we need to follow Cynic's advice. Our current situation is untenable.

I agree with all of this.

Just like with the power bill and many other things, there is a complete and utter lack of interest and awareness of ongoings in the game until some flashy trigger brings it to the forefront of the public's attention (which has always been the case to an extent, but seems to have gotten really bad as of late; nobody is paying attention to anything unless it's drama-filled), and in many cases, it seems to take a gross over-exaggeration to generate any real interest in the office's actions.

I agree with what you're saying here. I'm not sure what the solution is. It's a broader issue affecting more than just the GM.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies