Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:28:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Author Topic: Office of Former President and Gov. DemPGH  (Read 23525 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »

Right. The problem with "single payer" is, there are so many definitions of that. The whole concept of taxing people and providing free healthcare with no limits I have learned, through my limits, doesn't exist. One of struggles right now is that many people seem to favor single payer yet don't know what that means.

Some people should have out of pocket costs, especially those who can afford it. The poor and elderly, sure, they need to be covered and cared for, but others who make a decent salary and can afford to pay 10-20% of their expenses should pay.

Anyway, thanks for answering. I am trying to get the ball rolling on something before I leave office, but I have no idea if we will pass anything before the next president is sworn in. It will be on the docket for my successor, rest assured! Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2014, 04:46:30 PM »

While I may end up supporting this ticket, I think I am going to have to withdraw my endorsement as it was based on a good-faith misunderstanding about a key policy position.  Sorry guys Sad
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »

Here we go for Foreign Policy! Sorry for being long, but it really took me a lot of time for writing that.
If you have questions, feel free to ask Smiley.

[size=20pt]Foreign Policy[/size]

Ukraine
While we are saddened by the participation of a neo Nazi party in the current Ukrainian government, the current Ukrainian resistance isn’t Nazi. We believe that Atlasia should help the current Ukrainian government. Even if we don’t plan to intervene militarily in Ukraine, we believe that Atlasia should help the Ukraine government to improve (financial help and help against corruption) and  take economic sanctions against Russia.

Reforming UNO
We believe as well that the current UNO system is FLAWED and too archaic. That’s why, if elected, we will try to reform the current system:
-   Expand the current National Security council. Germany, India, Japan, Brazil should get a permanent seat.
-   Abolish the system of vetos. We believe that no nation should be able to block any UNO decision. That’s why the system of veto should be replaced by  a 2/3 majority.
We know exactly that abolishing the system of vetos is currently impossible because of China and Russia. But if we never put on the table this measure, it will really never pass. The other measure is, we believe, possible!

We believe that reforming UNO is a necessity if we want to promote peace in the world.

Expand cybersecurity
While Atlasia isn’t threatened anymore by a military invasion, we recognize however that the world is evolving and that cyberattacks will happen more and more frequently. That’s why Atlasia should develop programs, with the other members of NATO, that would focus on preventing any cyberattack.
The Internet is more and more important for Atlasia and a successful cyberattack would be disastrous for our country.

Implementation of a Tobin Tax
We believe Atlasia should advocate for an international Tobin Tax. The Tobin Tax would tax financial transactions between  financial institutions by 0.1%  for shares and bonds  ….. and by 0.01 across derivative contracts.

The introduction of a tax Tobin is  really debated in the European Union and is currently supported by such conservative figures like Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy.  That’s why we believe the Tobin Tax will be beneficial.

If Atlasia is willing to support an international Tobin Tax, we expect the  European Union and most of the other countries to back this proposal as well. We read recently some articles saying China was considering introducing a such tax. The developing countries would back a such tax well because they would benefit a lot from that.

Only implemented In the Europe Union, this Tobin Tax would have granted €55,000,000,000 ($70B).  So it would grant much more if it is adopted internationally (approximately $166B). The amount raised by this Tax Tobin would be used mostly to fund international programs fighting against starvation, poverty.

In 2009, Aggregate official development assistance reached a record high of $119 billion. A such Tobin Tax would more than double the Aggregate official development assistance.

The Tobin Tax would improve our current capitalist system, by reducing market volatility, and speculation which was the origin of the Subprime Crisis, and the 1929 Great Depression as well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2014, 07:57:17 PM »

As someone who was rather curious on the foreign policy of this campaign (as SirNick had already released his ideas), I can certainly support the expressed views on the reform of the United Nations (I took a very similar stance in my Presidential campaign after all), and I am quite happy to see this ticket taking a stand with Senator Alfred and against Senator TNF in the issue of Ukraine.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2014, 07:33:28 AM »

As someone who was rather curious on the foreign policy of this campaign (as SirNick had already released his ideas), I can certainly support the expressed views on the reform of the United Nations (I took a very similar stance in my Presidential campaign after all), and I am quite happy to see this ticket taking a stand with Senator Alfred and against Senator TNF in the issue of Ukraine.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I like the U.N. idea a lot and I realize that we have to do something - Windjammer and I spoke at length about this and I think we found some good ground on the issue. I don't feel that we should dictate everything to Ukraine, but to be sure we're supporting the right people is all. Essentially, ignoring the issue would be the wrong step, and possibly dangerous.

I also support joint technological endeavors with other developed countries, like Japan, and would encourage private sector cooperation. Robotics and rocketry are all big right now in the technology field.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »

Coming up soon are Pacific Council elections, and as of now I have this:

[ ] Devin (Federalist)
[ ] Flo (Labor)
[ ] TheCranberry (Labor)
[ ] Write In _____

Simfan was appointed to serve out the remainder of the current term, but he cannot run for election as a dual office holder. I don't think he wants to anyway.

If there are any questions about write in rules, let me know. You have to be eligible and either declare that you'll accept write in votes or else actually write yourself in, which will make write-in votes valid.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »

A reminder that the Pacific voting booth is open.

I do not plan to make a speech on the Supreme Court ruling - it is the ruling we expected (although the ruling does not analyze the content of the bill as much as it rebukes it for poor style - I had hoped for less rebuke and more analysis). I made my thoughts known on the issue in this thread, and that's what I have to say about it. I've rewritten or offered alternate wordings on bills frequently as governor, and certainly would have in this instance. What's at the heart of the matter are differing cultural perspectives on hate speech and hate crime, and that's a legit debate.

It does not take away from the hard work that Windjammer has done as governor, and because he is a consensus builder and because he works well with people, he will make a fantastic manager of the Senate. The buck stops with me.

And folks, attack threads aren't my thing.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2014, 12:10:36 AM »

Your foreign policy agenda doesn't address Iraq. What would you do with the Middle East?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2014, 05:15:41 AM »

Should you be elected President, who would you like to see succeding you as Pacific Governor?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2014, 09:58:43 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 10:11:28 AM by DemPGH »

Your foreign policy agenda doesn't address Iraq. What would you do with the Middle East?

The situation is developing (especially in-game), but the worst thing that could happen would be for the police and standing army to dissolve or collapse into tribal loyalties and various other allegiances. Short of boots on the ground, we cannot have Iraq overrun by terrorists. If we take a completely hands off approach, there's little question that it's only a matter of time until extremists, hardliners, and terrorists take over - because they are the most militant, but Iraq Invasion III would be a horrible idea, especially unilaterally - it would still worsen the situation. What we choose to do has to be smart, preventive, and has to have clear, realistic, and achievable outcomes. It's got to prevent Iraq from being taken over by a terrorist regime. I also want it to be as multilateral as it can be.

Hopefully, it would be multilateral support of the Iraqi government with force being limited to air strikes.

Should you be elected President, who would you like to see succeding you as Pacific Governor?

I consider you guys all to be pals, and quite capable, so I might have to pull a King Lear whenever it is that I leave under whatever circumstances it might be and divide up the Pacific amongst you. Tongue

No, seriously, I think your hard work on the Wiki, that you've organized and weeded through the backlog of legislation, and that you've outlined some definite goals for the stimulus in July all mean that you'd be the ideal person to follow.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2014, 05:24:07 PM »

If elected, would you change any cabinet members? Would you change the responsibilities and duties of any cabinet members?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 09:12:30 PM by DemPGH »

If elected, would you change any cabinet members? Would you change the responsibilities and duties of any cabinet members?

Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to mention that earlier, but it kind of slipped through the cracks.

1. Of the current cabinet, a couple will stay, but I'm sure there will be some turnover. I have not had a chance to talk to all of the current cabinet. If I am elected, it will be my first priority during the lame duck time. My primary goal is to have active people in the cabinet.

2. Changing cabinet responsibilities and even names requires consent of the Senate, so it would depend upon what the senate would agree to do. The President cannot change the cabinet on his own.

As far as the GM goes, I would like to have flexibility to appoint a GM committee - ideally, one for regional matters, one for federal, and one for economic story lines or for general help for the other two. Minimally, though, one federal and one regional. If we lighten the load of the GM a little and spread around the responsibility, we may well have more people interested. But the Senate would have to agree. In the meantime, activity would be my primary concern for the cabinet.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:48 AM »

Glad you've endorsed a fleshed down version of my Game Engine Team proposal Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »

Glad you've endorsed a fleshed down version of my Game Engine Team proposal Smiley
Glad to see we agree on something Smiley.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2014, 06:18:07 PM »

Dear People,

The situation in Iraq with regard to the advancement of ISIS has become dire. While I do not in any way advocate an invasion of Iraq, we must recognize that if a totalitarian terrorist organization comprised of hardliners manages to take over the infrastructures and governments of both Iraq and Syria, we risk great threat. We must do something

We cannot ignore Iraq, and we need to work for a multilateral solution to this problem while protecting our own safety. If the situation regresses, I fully support air strikes to stave off further crises with ISIS.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »

Best of luck - you will be receiving my highest non-write-in preference!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 03:32:58 PM by DemPGH »

Really appreciate that, Tmth! I'm ever grateful for the support. Smiley

As the election approaches I just want to thank everyone for their support and to say that it would not be possible without you! In the last year plus a few months I've been involved in three presidential elections and a governor's race, and it's overall been a lot of fun. I've also been one of those (along with Duke's administration) active in reviving the Pacific, so if you've paid attention there, you know what kind of exec I can be. That's how it will be.

I think SirNick and I both ran excellent campaigns and managed to stay out of the pie fights, resulting in a "boring" presidential cycle, but that might not be such a bad thing. Tongue

Windjammer has been an awesome worker behind the scenes as well, so many thanks to him.

Now, let's give it all we can muster, mister!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »

I didn't realize the veep candidate owned a motel in the IDS.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »

I'm so ecstatic that you won! Congratulations!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »

I was an avid supporter of the other guys, but I honestly don't have much a problem with this ticket winning. With DemPGH being a great Vice President and Governor, and Windjammer being a very good manager and an extremely friendly human being, I have no doubt both of you will do well in your new jobs.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2014, 11:45:54 PM »

Congratulations, my friends! You're gonna make an awesome President and an awesome Veep. Best of luck to you too, I'm already looking forward to the Era of DemPGH! Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2014, 11:55:51 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, comrades. It is well earned and well deserved.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2014, 12:00:22 AM »

Congratulations to both of you. Do the Pacific proud. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2014, 12:02:18 AM »

Congratulations! Onward, leftward and upward (like a certain body part of mine right now)!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies