Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:03:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sessions on Trump: Grabbing a woman not sexual assault  (Read 2655 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: October 10, 2016, 06:35:07 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.

It is insanely bigoted to generalize in such a manner. I don't support it when it used to target minorities and I don't support it when it targets White folks either. Senator Sessions' defense of Trump's comments are disgusting and ungentlemanly, but your vitriolic racism has no place.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.

It is insanely bigoted to generalize in such a manner. I don't support it when it used to target minorities and I don't support it when it targets White folks either. Senator Sessions' defense of Trump's comments are disgusting and ungentlemanly, but your vitriolic racism has no place.

It is, at the least, the dominating culture of American white men. Every poll shows that a heavy majority of white men support of every action Trump takes, from demanding we remove other races, oppress Muslims, increase systemic violence on blacks, the lessening of women into rightless playthings, the normalization of rape and sexual assault, on top of the ignorance, resorting to violence to solve political problems, and the regular request to his supporters to oppress voters in minority districts through threat of violence.

This is what a majority of white men in America believe. That's not something to be joked about. That's how far they've gone, that's the threat the heavy majority culture of them is. That's reality.

Show me one credible poll that shows that a heavy majority of white men support any of that. Otherwise, you're simply talking out of your bum. That isn't reality, you are as delusional as the bunker-dwellers rambling about Black thug culture. You're uninformed, you're a racist, and you give liberalism a bad name.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »

It is, at the least, the dominating culture of American white men. Every poll shows that a heavy majority of white men support of every action Trump takes, from demanding we remove other races, oppress Muslims, increase systemic violence on blacks, the lessening of women into rightless playthings, the normalization of rape and sexual assault, on top of the ignorance, resorting to violence to solve political problems, and the regular request to his supporters to oppress voters in minority districts through threat of violence.

This is what a majority of white men in America believe. That's not something to be joked about. That's how far they've gone, that's the threat the heavy majority culture of them is. That's reality.

Show me one credible poll that shows that a heavy majority of white men support any of that. Otherwise, you're simply talking out of your bum. That isn't reality, you are as delusional as the bunker-dwellers rambling about Black thug culture. You're uninformed, you're a racist, and you give liberalism a bad name.

Eh, call me what you will, that doesn't bother me much. I've lived it, I see it in the numbers, I see it in the statements of the people in power whom they voted in and the actions that they take. The prevailing culture in white men in this country is a threat.

"I seens it wit my own two eyes, ya hear!"
. Great evidence, I see you went to the Breitbart College of Making Up Bullsh1t to Make a Political Point. However, you've done nothing to support your argument that a large majority of White American men act in this manner or condone this sort of action.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »

Eh, call me what you will, that doesn't bother me much. I've lived it, I see it in the numbers, I see it in the statements of the people in power whom they voted in and the actions that they take. The prevailing culture in white men in this country is a threat.

. Great evidence, I see you went to the Breitbart College of Making Up Bullsh1t to Make a Political Point. However, you've done nothing to support your argument that a large majority of White American men act in this manner or condone this sort of action.

A majority of white American men are currently willing to excuse or turn a blind eye to it, certainly, insofar as they're still supporting Trump. That doesn't necessarily mean that that was the case before the Trump campaign got off the ground--I've been very insistent on this forum in arguing that part of the nature of the beast is that the Trump campaign actively makes its supporters worse, rather than just playing to preexisting problems with them--but it's difficult to deny that white men are showing themselves to be way more susceptible to this particular sort of thinking, in this particular campaign, than are other demographics.

I will concede that they may be willing to turn a blind eye to it for this election. But this election is a rarity and should never be used as a benchmark of American society. I will agree that the Trump campaign does seem to make otherwise rational people simply deplorable, but I will not concede to the point that this is permanent nor indicative of the actual mannerisms of the average White male. White men may be more susceptible to this sort of thinking than other demographics, but that is due to the particularities of this election and not because of any generational cultural sickness.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 07:37:19 PM »

A majority of white American men are currently willing to excuse or turn a blind eye to it, certainly, insofar as they're still supporting Trump. That doesn't necessarily mean that that was the case before the Trump campaign got off the ground--I've been very insistent on this forum in arguing that part of the nature of the beast is that the Trump campaign actively makes its supporters worse, rather than just playing to preexisting problems with them--but it's difficult to deny that white men are showing themselves to be way more susceptible to this particular sort of thinking, in this particular campaign, than are other demographics.

I will concede that they may be willing to turn a blind eye to it for this election. But this election is a rarity and should never be used as a benchmark of American society. I will agree that the Trump campaign does seem to make otherwise rational people simply deplorable, but I will not concede to the point that this is permanent nor indicative of the actual mannerisms of the average White male. White men may be more susceptible to this sort of thinking than other demographics, but that is due to the particularities of this election and not because of any generational cultural sickness.

I disagree and think the events of the past year will have pretty lasting and extremely deleterious cultural effects; I hope you'll respect that disagreement.

I totally understand that viewpoint and see where you're coming from with that. I myself have a fear that this may be the reality in the future, but I prefer to remain an optimist.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 05:52:29 AM »

being trump is not making a mistake....being trump is first making the mistake and then telling everyone else you are entitled to it and the other person is at fault.

This is the real root of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies