Should masturbation be legal. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:07:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should masturbation be legal. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should masturbation be legal?
Yes. Hey!! I can't SEE!!

No. Life begins at ejactulation. Why do you HATE JEBUS YOU HOMOINSGURGENT BABYEATING COMMUNIST JEW ATHEIST RETARD LIBRUL DIMMERCRAT!!!

I just think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Pie

(.)(.)

Masturbation should only be allowed in the cases of rape, insest and in the mortal defence of the father.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Should masturbation be legal.  (Read 16075 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 29, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »

TMI.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2007, 02:27:34 PM by Alcon »

First the obvious one-- do you believe that one can relieve stress from sexual pressure by committing a sexual act? I think it would have absolutely the opposite effect. If one is having sexual pressure, the worst thing for the person to do is to do anything sexual.

How does that track?  Why would sexual stress be exacerbated by committing a sexual act?  Of course, that is, unless you feel guilty about committing sexual acts, a trait which seems almost exclusively limited to people from your camp.

And, there's a simple non-psychological answer: positive endorphins and pleasure.  Obviously, there is a biological drive to have sex, and satisfying a biological desire without causing anyone else (or yourself, I'd argue) harm has positive consequences.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 02:28:18 AM »

Perhaps I've taken a wrong approach in explaining this, so please allow me to begin anew.

My understanding of sex is thus: to (1) to be open to life (reproduce) and (2) to unite together a man and a woman in love, with the offspring of the love being manifested in the child. Masturbation does neither of these two things, as it is completely self-centered. Therefore, it is immoral.

Of course, none of you probably believe in any consistent form of morality, so I suppose that this is useful to you, and ultimately my argument stems from whether or not there is natural moral law.

If you are going to get all angsty and existential on us, aren't most human acts inherently self-centered?  Besides, if it harms no one else in its self-centeredness, why does that make it immoral?  Just because our standards for morality are different does not mean they aren't consistent.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 02:11:11 AM »

I suppose since you cannot answer a simple question, pointing and laughing is as good a subterfuge as any.

You're the one complaining about pointing and laughing as a subterfuge?  Next you're going to be chastising people for one-sentence posts.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies