WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:19:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH in February!!! Convention (Bylaws Discussion)  (Read 10352 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 07, 2015, 09:12:42 PM »

X JCL
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:39:09 PM »

Fellow Federalists, Mr. President and Mr. Chairman

We as a party are at a crossroads. My colleagues have echoed some serious concerns as to the survival of not just the party but of a center-right, libertarian, and centrist bulwark against the dominance of the Atlasian left.

Wether you're part of the Mainstreet Partnership or the Coolidge Society we all have a shared view on the role of government in the every day lives of fellow Atlasians we rub shoulders with. Fiscal conservatism, Regional rights and an active place in the game for foreign policy. We may quibble on an issue or two but we need to stand together. If we don't, the radical agenda that TNF and his wing of Labor will continue to get cart blanche in government and that is a potentially dangerous if not outright dangerous to the liberties we hold dear.

I respect our D-R friends and their desire for a successful ticket. However not having a Federalist running for President or VP shows serious weakness and I can not accept that in good conscience. So I'm here to announce my candidacy for President of Atlasia. In a show of unity in the party I'd like the party itself to nominate my running mate.

I commend Bore and BK on their service to Atlasia. They are fine public servants and have earned the acclaim and respect they are rightfully due. Needless to say I disagree with many of their policy views and as such we should discuss our ideas publicly and with great civility.

May God and Dave save and bless Atlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »

I have to agree with Maxwell, in order for your party to survive (or the right for that matter), y'all cannot run a far right ticket that's most likely going to be JCL-Cassius. Maxwell's one of the people that can effectively unify the right wing and the libertarians, and I think it'd be for the good of your party for you to nominate him. He's an accomplished legislator, he's recently been the Governor of the Midwest. You can't really go wrong with Maxwell, and I really don't see a way for your party to survive with JCL as your leader (no offense JCL).

No offense taken Flo. I have no intent on fielding a "far-right" ticket. If any of the parties moderate members will be my running mate I will be more than greatful. Furthermore this person would have a big say on domestic policy.  The last time I ran for president I tried to find a centrist/liberal running mate but no one would extend their hand towards me. I hope this time that would not be the case.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 11:41:08 PM »

Of all the parties in Atlasia, the only one that comes close to supporting regional rights is the Federalists. I joined the party for that reason. But this farce going on at the Convention is ridiculous.

No one in this party wants to organize it. A lot has been thrown at Yankee from time to time, but he is the only person trying to lead an organized campaign of any sort. A new party will not solve anything if no one will put in the time to be a leader.

It's time for party stalwarts to man up and take some responsibility upon themselves.

I'm a Midwesterner before anything. I've taken a region as my home. I don't have a need for any Atlasian party if all they can do is faff around mildly with federal elections. Where was this party when I launched my case against federal legislative overreach? Where was this party when radical regional governments across this country pushed forth an activist agenda? Can't you see these are causes worth fighting for?

I would endorse Maxwell as President for obvious reasons, but the conversation must go one deeper.

As one of the party stalwarts I'm trying to man up and take responsibility. Problem is I can't do this alone. I need people to stand behind me. As an assemblyman in my native Mideast I've fought for sensible policies to improve the lives of not just Mideasterners but by extension all Atlasians. I've fought for victims of the indignity of sex trafficking and in a unusual and constituitional way brought the federal government and the regions together across party lines.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:39 PM »

I''m quite enjoying Griffin's and Hagrid's alt-history versions of the rise of the D-Rs.

that's why I call him grave robbing Griffin!

And I've been thinking this so I'll say it - I find it a tad disappointing to see JCL abandon someone who has actually put some effort into this game (Poirot) for someone who, seems like a nice guy, has done less so (Devin), solely for reason of having a "moderate party insider".

It's not just for those reasons Max. There's plans and strategies some are failing to consider. Some of which will be revealed in their due time. Some of which will be to the shock to both right and left.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »

I''m quite enjoying Griffin's and Hagrid's alt-history versions of the rise of the D-Rs.

that's why I call him grave robbing Griffin!

And I've been thinking this so I'll say it - I find it a tad disappointing to see JCL abandon someone who has actually put some effort into this game (Poirot) for someone who, seems like a nice guy, has done less so (Devin), solely for reason of having a "moderate party insider".

It's not just for those reasons Max. There's plans and strategies some are failing to consider. Some of which will be revealed in their due time. Some of which will be to the shock to both right and left.

Well, Senator, I will be excited to see them.

The watch word is a team of rivals.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 08:58:30 PM »

Ballot:

President:
[X] JCL/Devin
[  ] Maxwell/Dallasfan65

Midwest:
[ ] Dereich
[X] Cassius

Northeast:
Should we endorse Cinyc for NE Regional Senate?
[X] Yes
[  ] No

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 01:31:03 PM »

Chair

1. Yankee

Vice Chair

1. Pit
Pages: [1]