McCain on the 2002 Olympics: "pork barrel project", "a rip off", "disgrace" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:33:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  McCain on the 2002 Olympics: "pork barrel project", "a rip off", "disgrace" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain on the 2002 Olympics: "pork barrel project", "a rip off", "disgrace"  (Read 2983 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: February 18, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »

I can be kind of a numbers person at times, so these ads just annoy me.

First, adjust for f**king inflation. Really. It would probably still be more expensive than the other games, but that deception just annoys me. Both sides do this constantly.

Second, construction is expensive. Public or private. $2 million for sewers doesn't strike me as outrageous. In fact it seems perfectly reasonable considering the scale of what was involved.

There are lots of other things wrong with the ad. Romney had nothing to do with the intial bribery. There's nothing wrong with the fact that Romney can speak French.

IMO, Mitt Romney sucks and he's a horrible candidate. But you don't need to lie and manipulate facts to make that argument.

Ugh, did I just defend Romney? Maybe I should go take a shower.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies