Atlasian Messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:13:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Messenger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Atlasian Messenger  (Read 34058 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2005, 10:27:08 AM »

CHURCH OF PD ELECTS POPE[/u]

NYMAN - With the election lasting eleven days, the College of Cardinals has elected his Eminence John Fitzgerald Cardinal Kennedy, in a vote of 9 for Cardinal Kennedy, 2 for non-PDist WMS and 1 for Emsworth.  Cardinal Kennedy has yet to accept, and it is still unknown wheither he will change his name or what name he will take if he does.  Cardinal Kennedy has the support of the following Cardinals in the last round:  Cardinal Emsworth, Cardinal Republic, Cardinal Ebowed, Cardinal Jake, Cardinal Independent, Cardinal Ernest, Cardinal Wixted and Cardinal 21.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2005, 12:12:52 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2005, 05:26:29 PM by LiberalPA »

Jake takes early lead in SE gov. runoff; Still way too close to call[/u][/size]

The polls are open in The Southeast runoff election which begun at 1:00 PM EST today. Jake holds a one vote lead as of 6:30 PM today. We will keep you updated on the current vote count:

Bono-2
Dubya-1
Jake-3

Updated To Last Voter:John Dibble

Current Prediction: Too Close To Call
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2005, 01:24:47 PM »

This just in:  Cardinal Kennedy has accepted the Papacy, but has yet to choose a name.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2005, 01:36:29 PM »

NEWS WIRE -- Cardinal Kennedy has chosen the name Pope Praefectus Californicus I.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2005, 07:44:06 PM »

Atlasian Messenger Back In Action; Looking To Hire 3 Reporters

Finishing his campaign for president, Speed Of Sound has now stated that the extra time will give him a chance to begin writing The Atlasian Messenger again. THe Lieutenan, who just recently joined the Atlasian Army, is looking for 3 people to help him run the messenger. It will be on a first come, first come basis. Welcome back Atlasian Messenger!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2005, 06:24:28 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2005, 07:02:50 PM by Speed Of Sound »

Atlasian Messenger seriously going to start up again this time, still looking for some reporters

With nothing to do (again) Ive started to re-start up the Atlasian Messenger (again). Enjoy! Kiki

OP-ED Cheesewhiz gets big backings in Senate race

This has been a great week for the Cheesewhiz for D3 Senate campaign, as they pick up some big endorsements. With the backing of people such as current D3 Senator PBrunsel and SE Lt. Gov Ian, it also seems that he will most likely get the endorsement from  Frm. Gov. MAS117. But Cheesewhiz also has some sizable opponents stacking up as well. He may have to fight off Gov EarlAW, Boss Tweed, and Senator Masterjedi as some major opposition, however, the overre-action of Tweed and earl to the secession incident will most likely lower credibility oduring the race, giving them little voice. Currently polls show the public leaning towards Cheesewhiz, but his opponents (Opebo and J-Mann) should be underestimated, especially since polling was done without Opebo on the list and before any endorsements or much campaigning. So with 2 big names backing him, and 2 major opponents silenced, things are looking up for Cheesewhiz The race should definetly be one to watch.

*The Atlasian Messenger is not endorsing any candidates, nor is SoS.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #206 on: November 29, 2005, 10:37:42 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2005, 10:39:50 PM by Frodo »

OP-ED Cheesewhiz gets big backings in Senate race

This has been a great week for the Cheesewhiz for D3 Senate campaign, as they pick up some big endorsements. With the backing of people such as current D3 Senator PBrunsel and SE Lt. Gov Ian, it also seems that he will most likely get the endorsement from  Frm. Gov. MAS117. But Cheesewhiz also has some sizable opponents stacking up as well. He may have to fight off Gov EarlAW, Boss Tweed, and Senator Masterjedi as some major opposition, however, the overre-action of Tweed and earl to the secession incident will most likely lower credibility oduring the race, giving them little voice.  Currently polls show the public leaning towards Cheesewhiz, but his opponents (Opebo and J-Mann) should be underestimated, especially since polling was done without Opebo on the list and before any endorsements or much campaigning. So with 2 big names backing him, and 2 major opponents silenced, things are looking up for Cheesewhiz The race should definetly be one to watch.

*The Atlasian Messenger is not endorsing any candidates, nor is SoS.

If you're trying to write in English, you're going to have to do a better job than this. 

Here is my more coherent rewrite of this same article:

This has been a great week for Cheesewhiz, one of the main candidates for the District 3 Senate seat, as he picks up some major endorsements. With the backing of politicians such as the current D3 Senator PBrunsel and SE Lt. Gov Ian, it also seems that he will most likely get an endorsement from former Gov. MAS117.  However, Cheesewhiz has had some major figures endorse his main opponent, J-Mann, a Christian Democrat from Kansas.  Such figures include NE Gov. EarlAW, Boss Tweed, and Senator Masterjedi.  However, the overreaction of Boss Tweed and EarlAW to the Midwest secession crisis will most likely lower their credibility during the race, and blunt the potential impact of their endorsement of J-Mann.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Would you mind explaining (as coherently as possible) exactly what you meant to say in this paragraph?  I can't make head or tail out of it.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2005, 10:41:40 PM »

Oh, and another thing: could you show me where you got the information about these endorsements and the poll results?  You seem to be privy to this kind of information, and the rest of us (well, me) are not. 
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2005, 09:05:02 AM »

yeah, it was a terrible article. Its been a while since ive written one of these things. Just attempting to outline some bumps in the cheesewhiz campaign that were smoothing out.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2005, 09:14:38 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2005, 09:16:37 AM by Frodo »

Maybe this is the Op-Ed you were trying to write?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been a great week for Cheesewhiz, one of the main candidates for the District 3 Senate seat, as he picks up some major endorsements. With the backing of politicians such as the current D3 Senator PBrunsel and SE Lt. Gov Ian, it also seems that he will most likely get an endorsement from former Gov. MAS117.  However, Cheesewhiz has had some major figures endorse his main opponent, J-Mann, a Christian Democrat from Kansas.  Such figures include NE Gov. EarlAW, Boss Tweed, and Senator Masterjedi.  However, the overreaction of Boss Tweed and EarlAW to the Midwest secession crisis will most likely lower their credibility during the race, and blunt the potential impact of their endorsement of J-Mann.

Currently, polls show that D3 residents are leaning slightly in favor of Cheesewhiz, but J-Mann should not be underestimated, especially since these polls were made before any endorsements and campaigning by either of these two major candidates.  Yet, with two big names backing him, and the two other politicians (who endorsed J-Mann) having compromised their credibility prior to this upcoming election, things are looking up for Cheesewhiz.  However, this race should definitely be the one to watch.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2005, 09:21:56 AM »

That was exactly what I was trying to write, except you forgot Opebo.

BTW, perhaps you would like to become a writer for the paper?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2005, 09:25:41 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2005, 09:27:51 AM by Frodo »

Opebo is a joke candidate who will likely receive only one vote -from himself, or maybe BRTD's.  I think we can safely dismiss his candidacy as having no measurable impact on this race.

I appreciate the offer, but I am already busy trying to build the Christian Democratic Party, as well as doing job searches in real life.  I doubt I would have the time to juggle yet another responsibility.  So I am going to duck this one.  Smiley

You can probably use more practice writing more articles before you get back your groove, and I don't want to stand in the way of that.  However, when I read Op-Eds like this that I perceive as favoring J-Mann's opponent, I will be more critical than most. 
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2005, 04:04:27 PM »

Opebo is a joke candidate who will likely receive only one vote -from himself, or maybe BRTD's.  I think we can safely dismiss his candidacy as having no measurable impact on this race.

I appreciate the offer, but I am already busy trying to build the Christian Democratic Party, as well as doing job searches in real life.  I doubt I would have the time to juggle yet another responsibility.  So I am going to duck this one.  Smiley

You can probably use more practice writing more articles before you get back your groove, and I don't want to stand in the way of that.  However, when I read Op-Eds like this that I perceive as favoring J-Mann's opponent, I will be more critical than most. 
well, I appreciate the criticism (honestly) and if people feel fit to, they can certainly dismiss the next few articles, as they most likely wont be much better. I think im done Op-Edding for a while though. Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2005, 09:40:41 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2005, 09:55:46 PM by Speed Of Sound »

Libertarians back up and running

Today DanielX, well known Atlasian libertarian activist, announced the creation of a new political party, The Free Democratic Party. The party will focus around strong libertarian values (obviously), and it will have no foreign policies, with the exception of one thing:
anything that is NOT 'We Must Always Surrender!' or 'let's nuke Burkina Faso for the hell of it!'.
Based off the german FDP, the party is to replace thier fallen party, the party that I cant think of at the moment. Cheesy
The party seems to be off to a good start, holding 7 members, including Senator DanielX, and Lt. Gov Max Power, along with senatorial candidate, Cheesewhiz and Midest Gov. candidate Afleitch.

To read all about it: visit the founding thread here.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2006, 02:57:34 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2006, 09:44:29 PM by Speed Of Sound »

Election Reform Is Now On The Ballot

Today begins a week long vote on the ratification of an amendment which would legalize and put into effect optional secret ballot voting. We will keep track of the vote here.

MidWest Yea-4 (SoS, Ilikverin, Cheesewhiz, Dubya) Nay-1 (BRTD), Abstain-0

Northeast No Votes Yet;Note that voting for NE wont start till 12:00 A.M. EST

Southeast Yea-2 (TCash, Don) Nay-5 (Emsworth, Jake, Ebowed, Q, Preston) Abstain-0

Mideas Yea-4 (Joe Republic, Afleitch, Masterjedi, Dean) Nay-1 (Liberty) Abstain-0

Pacific Yea-2 (Gabu, Wildcard) Nay-3 (Jesus, True Indie, Alcon) Abstain-0

Completely Updated
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »

BUMP!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2006, 01:54:02 AM »

Atlasian Messenger looking for new owner

I love this paper, but its clear im a little bit too busy to take proper care of it. I want to see it flourish though, and so im looking for a new CEO to take over. Just send me a PM with a reason why you should be picked (assuming more than one person wants this old thing Tongue) I really want to see it go out in style, and it hardly got the chance last time. The AM is up for grabs, so give me a PM.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2006, 02:42:48 AM »

You know you want to......Grin
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2006, 01:05:48 PM »

Wow, theres seriously noone that wants this thing?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2006, 01:33:13 PM »

I would have done if I'd lost last the election month. Though with the amount of resignations today you never know Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2006, 01:36:58 PM »

I would have done if I'd lost last the election month. Though with the amount of resignations today you never know Wink
lol. Trust me, Id rather have a citizen like yourself in a position higher than CEO of the AM. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »

lol. Trust me, Id rather have a citizen like yourself in a position higher than CEO of the AM. Smiley

Well I may go back into journalism if I lose my Senate seat but I would be much more likely to restart my National Atlasian then anything else.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2006, 04:11:01 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2006, 04:40:16 PM by Speed Of Sound »

Presidential race continues to form

SOMEPLACE--As the race draws closer, we get a few more surprises. Just earlier today Everett shocked Atlasia by announcing that she was running for President alongside the recently returning Peter Bell. The ticket is bound to make the next round of polling an interesting one. (speaking of which, Ill throw one together tonight)

To make the race even more interesting, we see the unofficial forming of the Naso/NixonNow ticket. This sure to be controversial ticket will be just one of up to 6 tickets we may see on the ballot in June. Let the race begin!

Out with the old......

NEW YORK--The northeast region has seen itself the breeding place of new members. This cause has had the effect of bringing new fresh new candidates itching for change into races. In the Northeast senate race, Jerusalemcar5, the outspoken (not always a good thing Smiley) young man from the SDP has announced his candidacy. While he seems to have party support, he's gonna have a tough time rallying those outside of that realm.  Coincidentally, his opponent, Harry Hayfield, is also a rather new kid on the block. An honest and happy person, he seems ready to serve the people diligently. The main problem with the Hayfield campaign seems to be name recognition. Even newer than Jerusalem, he's gonna need to get his name known if he wants a shot at victory. Either way, it appears likely that the Northeast heart will get a feel of new blood come June.

Internal issues causing problems for ILP

ILP HQ (around here somewhere)--WARNING: Editor knows/can find little about this happening. May result in very vague report and incorrect statements. Please indetify anything wrong with this immediately. Thank you. A few days ago, already brewing problems with leadership came to a head when Chairman Yates endorsed candidates for the party without allowing a party-wide vote. The final straw being this unpopular expansion of executive powers, TCash and former Chairman Jas quickly scratched thier names from party registration.
I agree entirely with TCash. I have not been happy with the leadership for a while, and it appears that I'm certainly not alone it this regard. It seems, unfortunately, that the ILP has become sinking ship and I shall now depart.
Yesterday, Yates resigned from his position of Chairman, citing a need for a change in party leadership. He also spent this time assuring the party and the nation not only that he meant no harm in his actions, but also that there were no hard feelings.

Thats all for now, Ill see you in about 10 minutes, eager to fix all the problems in that last article I wrote. Cheesy
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »

Peter Bell had quit weeks ago.

To be fair to Yates, I believe it may have been just the one endorsement, and he did not imply it was an ILP endorsement; however, he was the chairperson, which was clearly stated in his signature, and as such, I believe any chairman's personal endorsements would reflect on his party.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »

Interesting results in early polling for President

Pleased with the number of voters so early, Ive decided to just release the reults today, since I have nothing else to post on. Tongue

total of responses: 38

Party Membership
ILP=2   ACA=3   SDP=4   CDP=9   FDP=3   PCP=2   Independent=11       Other=4 (mainly AMRLP)

Who will most likely be your top three preferences?
President True Dem/Senator Colin W   22.5%

Senator Yates/Senator Dave Hawk      22.5%

President Ebowed/?   25.5%

Lt. Governor Everett/Peter Bell      18.6%

Senator Naso/NixonNow   4.9%

Undecided   2.0%

Other   3.9%

Who will most likely be your first preference?
President True Dem/Senator Colin W   10.8%

Senator Yates/Senator Hawk   29.7%

President Ebowed/?   29.7%

Lt. Governor Everett/Peter Bell     18.9%

Senator Naso/NixonNow   5.4%

Undecided   0.0%

Other   5.4%

And so at this early point, the race is a dead heat, with Ebowed pulling out in top 3 preferences.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies