Atlasian Messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:55:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Messenger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Atlasian Messenger  (Read 34059 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2005, 07:10:58 AM »

Sex Crime Legislation Fails[/u]

COLLEGE PARK-- The Sex Crime Legislation, as proposed by Former Governor Peter Bell, was called dead yesterday by it's creator, who blamed it on the fact that the Mideast is full of inactives who do not take interest in governmental affairs. It did not get the required amount of support in the week allotted by the constitution.

The full text of the bill can be found here
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2005, 07:16:04 AM »

Ballot Set

NYMAN, D.C. -- The offical ballot for the August federal elections was set by Deputy SoFA Peter Bell at the declaration deadline. The ballot is as follows.

District 1:
Defarge
Texasgurl
King

District 2:
Keystone Phil
Al

District 3:
Fritz
RBH
PBrunsel

District 4:
Ebowed
Ernest
MHS2002

District 5:
Gabu
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2005, 10:55:25 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2005, 10:59:11 PM by SoD Porce »

The Atlasian Messenger Interviews Alcon San Croix[/b]

BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, WASH.-- The Atlasian Messenger has interviewed former President Alcon San Croix, a Washingtonian from the Constitutional Union Party.

Ebowed: Mr. Former President, do you have any future political ambitions?

Alcon: No.

Ebowed: Thank you for your time.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2005, 10:57:22 PM »

Seattle--The Atlasian Messenger has interviewed former President Alcon San Croix, a Washingtonian from the Constitutional Union Party.

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2005, 11:56:45 PM »

BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, WASH.-- The Atlasian Messenger has interviewed former President Alcon San Croix, a Washingtonian from the Constitutional Union Party.

Best interview ever.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2005, 12:58:34 AM »

A Chat With Senator Harry

JACKSON, MISS.-- Harry, former Vice President and Southeast Governor, is currently serving District 4 as Senator.  Today Atlasian Messenger correspondent Ebowed spoke with him about a variety of issues.  Enjoy.

Ebowed: Senator Harry, thank you for speaking with us today.

Harry: You're welcome.

Ebowed: How well do you think you're doing in the Senate right now?

Harry: I'd say I'm doing pretty well; I've sponsored a couple of bills and have debated.

Ebowed: What has been your major legislative defeat since your term started?

Harry: I don't think there has been one.

Ebowed: What about the Pledge bill?

Harry: I don't consider that a personal defeat.

Ebowed: Who do you support in the Southeast Gubernatorial and Lieutenant Gubernatorial elections and why?

Harry: For governor, undecided.  And Q... he's the man for the job.

Ebowed: Why do you support Q over BrandonH?  Ideology, personality, experience, or something else?

Harry: Q's always been a friendly hardworking guy; nothing against Brandon H, but that combined with ideology makes Q my man.

Ebowed: Who do you support in the upcoming District 4 Senatorial race to replace your seat?

Harry: You.

Ebowed: Thank you for your support.  Let's see...  You've been at Atlasia since the beginning.  Have you done anything in the past that you regret now?

Harry: Ethically, no, I don't think I've done anything that I should be ashamed of.  However, some things that spiraled out of control and cost me politically (like the UAC thing that cost me the presidency); obviously I wish that had gone differently.

Ebowed: You've been accused of corruption by several.  When a newspaper implied you were corrupt, then asked for evidence and didn't receive any, and retracted the statement; the allegations of corruptness continued.  Why do you think that event was ignored by your detractors?

Harry:  Because for whatever reason some people have decided to go on a witch hunt against me and they're certainly going to ignore obvious evidence that they're wrong; that being said the witch hunt seems to have slowed down lately, so maybe the old wounds are healing.

Ebowed: Looking back on all of the elections where you were a candidate, what was the most exciting?  The most predictable?  The most enjoyable, and the most painful?

Harry:  Let's see...  Most exciting-- the 2nd and 3rd senate races were both very close and exciting.  Most predictable-- none!  Most enjoyable-- without a doubt, the first one with Nym90... before the whole forum got nasty.  Most painful-- this last time, knowing 24 hours in advance that I would lose it in the closing minutes and not being able to do anything about it-- I must have sent out 100 desparate PMs.

Ebowed: In the last Southeast gubernatorial election, you voted for StatesRights over the more moderate Dubya, as did several other left leaning Southeasterners.  Those who voted for the former Senator received a lot of criticism from outside of the region.  Do you stand by your vote?

Harry:  Of course.

Ebowed: Why did you support StatesRights over Dubya?

Harry: He's one hell of a guy.

Ebowed: Are there any particular actions of Dubya that you did not like?

Harry:  Nope.  Dubya is fine, but Statesrights and I have been buddies from the start.

Ebowed: Of all of your opponents for various elections over the last year and a half, ranging from Al to Siege40 to StatesRights to WMS to Josh22, who was the strongest?  Who was the weakest?

Harry: PBrunsel and WMS were the strongest opponents I think.  Josh22, I hate to say it since he's a cool guy who gets unecessarily slammed by a lot of people, has been the weakest.

Ebowed: In the June 2005 Presidential election, you only preferenced your ticket, Harry/Ebowed.  Who would you have most liked to see win the election aside from your ticket?

Harry: Siege40 and Phil would've definitely been on my ballot, and probably Supersoulty as well.  But with it being so close and total preferences being a tiebreaker, it would've been dumb for me to possibly shoot myself in the foot by preferencing others.

Ebowed: Atlasia has had five presidential elections and you have been on a ticket in three of them.  Do you plan to run on a presidential ticket in any later elections, or is your nationwide career over?

Harry: We'll just have to see.

Ebowed: So you can't say for certain?

Harry: I can't.

Ebowed: Possible candidates in October include Siege40, Emsworth (if Siege doesn't run for re-election), John Dibble, and Ernest.  Would you be able to support any of these candidates?

Harry:  It's too early to say.

Ebowed: You have long been no fan of write in candidates.  Why is this?

Harry:  Because you should vote for a serious candidate who actually cares enough to get on the ballot.  Plus, with preferential voting it's totally pointless.

Ebowed: What about serious candidates who run as write in candidates?

Harry: Case-by-case basis, I guess.

Ebowed: Are you getting along well with your fellow Senators?

Harry: Sure.  I get along with almost everyone in Atlasia, even True Democrat and Kemperor.

Ebowed: What is your opinion on current voting restrictions?  Do you think that the ten day waiting period for allowing someone to vote is too strict, too lenient, or just fine?

Harry:  It's just fine.  Make it more lenient and you'd get rampant tomatosouping, which is a bad thing, even though I kinda did it once.  But note that my tomatosouping was within the rules, I didn't violate any rules.  She went through the ten days and everything.

Ebowed: But you no longer stand by your actions?

Harry:  I'm neutral on the actions.  It would probably be better for everyone if no one did it.  Now, I'm about to have to go--

Ebowed: In that case, we will conclude the interview.  Thank you for your time, Senator.

Harry: You're welcome.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2005, 01:01:29 AM »

Best interview ever.

Imagine - he flew all the way out to Bainbridge Island just for that insight.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2005, 07:18:32 AM »

Part 1

Part 2 (The Actual Interview)
Ebowed: What action as President are you most proud of?  What action do you most regret?

Alcon: Overall, I most regret not being more active.  The Presidency just came at a poor time for me.  I felt like someone needed to do the job, though, for the sake of the nation's stability.  I think I did a decent job with the Southeast, though, thanks in part to the level-headedness of the vast majority of the Atlasian citizenry.

Ebowed: What was the campaign like for you in February?  Did you take a lot of heat for running, as a Democrat, with KEmperor?

Alcon: I enjoyed it but I wish I had ran in a summer month instead.  I probably took less flack for running with KEmp than I deserved.  At first, KEmp was seen as very moderate.  Then he released his latest Political Compass score - with both positive - and, surprisingly, few people noticed that.  I thought that, if we were to lose (which, of course, we did), it would be because of the Political Compass release, not because the new candidates were viewed as "fresher."  If "fresher" is the word.

Ebowed: A lot of conservatives voted for Al/Siege over KEmperor/Alcon.  Even former President PBrunsel supported the Lewis Trondheim/True Democrat ticket.  Do you think your place on the only "conservative" ticket had to do with it?

Alcon: I recall that much of that was due to abortion, even though Lewis had a similar position to KEmp.  I think it reflected a general malaise among the population about electing a ticket that had been the assumed winner for month.  Being a latecomer is always an advantage in races.  In reality, I don't think I changed anyone's mind for or against the ticket.

Ebowed: How did you feel throughout the race about your chance of winning?  Who did you most fear would step into the race that would hurt KEmperor, before Al and Lewis had announced?

Alcon: Well, I knew that polls showing us with 75% of the vote wouldn't last, of course.  I assumed we'd lose in the last week.  I still had hopes, of course.  Still, to this day, I blame the exploding ballot boxes.

Ebowed: What ideological differences did you have with KEmperor?  Did these hurt the ticket during the campaign?

Alcon: KEmp and I were pretty aligned in our economic-relative-to-social views.   It's just that he was four points more conservative than me in all cases.  There were times when I thought he was too conservative.  But I supported KEmp, and would have if I wasn't on his ticket, because I thought he'd do the best to resolve the Forum Affairs issues (and Constitutional issues), which were plaguing us at the time.

Ebowed: How did you feel during the crisis where Lewis Trondheim refused the presidency?  How did you come to the agreement with True Democrat to be Vice President?

Alcon: I've always liked Lewis, but that disappointed me.  It was pretty obvious that it would upset everyone.  He should have just dropped out and endorsed Al, who would have subsequently won in a landslide.  He was well-intended, though.  As to the True Democrat Vice Presidency, he basically just asked me, and I accepted, although I wasn't very excited about it.  I knew for a while I was in the final running through Teamspeak and whatnot, so it wasn't a huge surprise.

Ebowed: What did you think of True Democrat's presidency?  Were you expecting him to resign so suddenly?

Alcon: I think I missed his Presidency.  I was making a sandwich.

Ebowed: You left the Democratic party for the Constitutional Union Party.  What about the Union Party was appealing to you?  Do you think the party can continue to hold the plurality of seats it has in the Senate?

Alcon: I'm a libertarian, really.  I liked the Democrats, but it became difficult after all of the scandals to sustain the party.  I like pretty much everyone in the Union Party (although I do in the ILP and many other parties, too).  The Union Party was just most appealing to me because it has such a libertarian lean, even if I am one of the more liberal memebrs.

Ebowed: Why did you choose Peter Bell as your Vice President?

Alcon: I chose Peter Bell because I knew I would be preoccupied with school.  And because everyone knows that British people are smarter than us.

Ebowed: Why did you ask Cosmo Kramer to resign as Secretary of the Treasury?

Alcon: I would have had no problem with Preston's support of the Southeast if he had not also supported the voting rights nullification put in place by Governor StatesRights, which was an intolerable breach of civil liberties.  He knew what his reactions would result in, though.  I at least admire his bravery in standing up for what he believed in, even if I believe it was destructive toward Atlasian democracy.

Ebowed: From a former President's point of view, how do you think Siege and Emsworth are doing?

Alcon: Both are very smart and I think they are doing the best they can within the rather limited functions of President and Vice President.  It's funny that we have a system in Atlasia where a Senator would rather stay a Senator just because they could get more done in that position than as President.

Ebowed:  How do you think your regional Senator, True Democrat, is doing?  Did you support the expulsion of Senator FuturePrez?

Alcon: I haven't really been following Atlasian politics lately, but if he's voting and proposing decent bills, I definitely think he's doing fine.  I did support the expulsion of FuturePrez, because he was far too inactive.  Has anyone heard from him since?  I'm worried.

Ebowed: No; FuturePrez has not signed on once this month, and still has the title "Senator" in his username.

Alcon: Yikes.  Hopefully just a long vacation.

Ebowed: How will you be voting in the upcoming District 5 Senatorial race?

Alcon: I will be voting against Gabu, because he is a tyrant and must be destroyed.

Ebowed: How about in the Pacific Gubernatorial/Lieutenant Gubernatorial election?  What do you think of Immy's unexplained absence?

Alcon: He disappeared about three days after FuturePrez, right?  I'll have to support John Ford, since Immy has been gone for nearly a month.  Maybe there's a bad case of Internet mono going around.

Ebowed: Immy has been absent since July 19.  He told his de facto running mate that he may be busy before the election, but he did not explain why to the forum.  Speaking of which, how will you be voting in the Pacific Lieutenant Gubernatorial race between Robert Goldwater and Mr. Hobbes?

Alcon: I generally don't make decisions before Election Day.  I'm usually genuinely undecided.  This is one of those cases.

Ebowed: What is your greatest concern for Atlasia currently?

Alcon: I think that we may end up hemorrhaging members.  Enabling Google searching of the Forum would certainly help.

Ebowed: Throughout your time in Atlasia, who do you think has been your greatest ally?  Your toughest foe, if any?

Alcon: I've never been real in to that "allies and enemies" thing.  But I would certainly have to say that my greatest enemy has been Cashcow.  To Cashcow: I will hunt you down and kill you.

Ebowed: What do you think about the existence of a Forum Elite Conspiracy, and your participation in it?  Do you believe that Atlasia has problems with elitism?

Alcon: I think that if there is an FEC, it sucks at what it does.  Has the FEC ever been declared to be behind a candidate that actually won?  It's like being endorsed by NAMBLA, except with less pedophillia.

Ebowed: Do you think there are problems with elitism in Atlasia?  Some say that Atlasia is tough for new members to get into and that the Fantasy Government is hard to keep track of.

Alcon: Elitism and intellectualism tend to blend together in unfortunate ways.  I don't think we're ever going to change that.  But I think, yes, we need to make the game more accessible for new members.  We have like six "READ THIS FIRST!" threads.  We can do better than this.

Ebowed: What do you think of current voting restrictions?  Do you think the ten day rule regarding registration and voting eligibility is too strict, too lenient, or just fine?

Alcon: I have mixed feelings.  I don't think the ten-day rule does much to stop cheating, but I also think that it doesn't do much to stop newcomers.  I support investigating reform, and, if necessary, making the rules more lenient to increase the number of new voters.

Ebowed: Does it bother you that you spent 58 minutes on this interview?

Alcon: It just increases my bloodlust for you.  And Cashcow.  God, I hate Cashcow.

Ebowed: All right, well that concludes our interview.  Thank you for your time, Former President San Croix.

Alcon:  No problem.  Thank you for having me.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2005, 10:47:04 AM »

Alcon: I think that if there is an FEC, it sucks at what it does.  Has the FEC ever been declared to be behind a candidate that actually won?  It's like being endorsed by NAMBLA, except with less pedophillia.
Very nice Cheesy  A person a low intelligence would think that you made a very good point and start to disbelieve in the FEC.
Cashcow

« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2005, 01:24:53 PM »

Ever been raped, Alcon?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2005, 04:18:54 PM »

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2005, 11:07:21 PM »

Fmr. Senator Naso looking into October presidential run[/u][/size]

Returning to Atlasian politics just recently, Mr. Naso has announced that he is considering a run for president in October while D2 Sen. candidate KeystonePhil seems a bit more certain than that saying yesterday that Mike Naso is the first man 'officially' in the October race, even saying that Naso For President signs were found in the back of the Fmr Senator's (Naso) car.

While some believe his past and his recent inactivity will hurt him, he still seems to hold a good rep. with some Atlasians. We hope to have an interview with Mr. Naso soon.

Siege40 For President bumperstickers are already all over his homestate of vermont. The President has reportedly made quite a few thousand dollars on signs and bumperstickers alone this early in the campaign.

Despite the race being so far away, the proof is clear that we have one Hell of a race ahead of us. We'll keep you posted on all the new throughout the campaign.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2005, 11:08:38 PM »

Siege40 announced he will be retiring at the end of his term yesterday in his "Atlasian Journal" newspaper.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2005, 11:19:59 PM »

Siege40 announced he will be retiring at the end of his term yesterday in his "Atlasian Journal" newspaper.
its a write in campaign Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2005, 09:42:23 AM »

I intend to grow a large beard, walk around barefoot in rural Vermont, and bellow into the woods, commonly being confused for Sasquatch. Oh, and write lunatic editorials smashing anyone I care to. Glory Halllaluha! (sp?)

Siege

WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2005, 03:04:33 PM »

A Chat With Senator Harry

JACKSON, MISS.-- Harry, former Vice President and Southeast Governor, is currently serving District 4 as Senator.  Today Atlasian Messenger correspondent Ebowed spoke with him about a variety of issues.  Enjoy.

Ebowed: Looking back on all of the elections where you were a candidate, what was the most exciting?  The most predictable?  The most enjoyable, and the most painful?

Harry:  Let's see...  Most exciting-- the 2nd and 3rd senate races were both very close and exciting.  Most predictable-- none!  Most enjoyable-- without a doubt, the first one with Nym90... before the whole forum got nasty.  Most painful-- this last time, knowing 24 hours in advance that I would lose it in the closing minutes and not being able to do anything about it-- I must have sent out 100 desparate PMs.

[snip]

Ebowed: Of all of your opponents for various elections over the last year and a half, ranging from Al to Siege40 to StatesRights to WMS to Josh22, who was the strongest?  Who was the weakest?

Harry: PBrunsel and WMS were the strongest opponents I think.  Josh22, I hate to say it since he's a cool guy who gets unecessarily slammed by a lot of people, has been the weakest.

Well, Harry, I'd say that 3rd Senate race must have been the 'Where the hell did he come from?' race from your perspective. Exciting, definitely. Smiley

And thanks for the compliment. Kiki
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2005, 07:48:23 PM »

Returning to Atlasian politics just recently, Mr. Naso has announced that he is considering a run for president in October while D2 Sen. candidate KeystonePhil seems a bit more certain than that saying yesterday that Mike Naso is the first man 'officially' in the October race, even saying that Naso For President signs were found in the back of the Fmr Senator's (Naso) car.

Well is it actually official? Since he did not post it in the candidate declaration thread, no, it is not but it's very likely.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2005, 07:50:08 PM »

Well is it actually official? Since he did not post it in the candidate declaration thread, no, it is not but it's very likely.
thats why it says 'officially' instead of officially.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2005, 08:20:11 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2005, 10:29:31 PM by Governor CheeseWhiz »

MIDWEST GOVERNOR ENDORSEMENTS[/u]

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA – The Midwest Governor’s race against CheeseWhiz and BRTD is the Midwest first opposed Governors race in eight month’s, but seems to be an easy win for the incumbent.  As endorsements votes go, CheeseWhiz has already won the endorsement of the Right to Life League, the Atlasian Civil Liberty Caucus and the Atlasia Monster Raving Loony Party.  CheeseWhiz leads in the Independent Liberal Party, Progressive Caucus, Constitutional Union Party and National Rifle Association endorsements, while BRTD seems to have the backing of his own party, the Farmer Labor Party.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2005, 08:34:23 PM »

The AMRLP endorses you Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2005, 10:28:24 PM »

W00T!!!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2005, 08:39:32 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2005, 09:05:07 PM by LiberalPA »

Populism has returned with a new party up its sleeve
With the official forming of The Christian Democratic party today, membership quickly jumped from zero to eight as of 10:00 PM EST today.The party holds many popular and influental people including  Senator Harry and SoS WMS. The party's quick popularity shows that it has the potential to become a powerful party very quickly. The party is focused around the populist ideology, a rather frequently seen ideology in Atlasia. Expect to see this party put up some rising stars and powerful candidates in October.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2005, 09:04:27 PM »

It is 8 now.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2005, 04:24:12 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2005, 04:31:15 AM by Senator-elect Porce »

LiberalPA announces presidential run
LiberalPA, a member of the Social Democratic Party from Pennsylvania, announced yesterday he will run for president this October, and said that he would announce his running mate choice sometime soon.  Other announced candidates include Wildcard and Mr. Hobbes, while DanielX has formed an exploratory committee.  Other citizens who are widely expected to run include Senator Sam Spade and Vice President Emsworth.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2005, 06:36:34 PM »

Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies