So, who do you think gets the appointments to the committee? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:41:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  So, who do you think gets the appointments to the committee? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, who do you think gets the appointments to the committee?  (Read 1060 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: August 02, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2011, 07:26:57 PM by anvi »

I obviously don't know who will be appointed to the special committee.  But, how about this group?

Republicans:

Mike Crapo
Rob Portman
Tom Coburn
Paul Ryan      
Spencer Bachus
Mike Simpson

Democrats:

Kent Conrad
Max Baucus
Richard Durbin
Chris van Hollen
Barney Frank
Marcy Kaptur
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 03:47:59 PM »

The lists I put together go largely along appropriate committee seniority lines, but select people who, for the most part (with the obvious exception of a few), won't draw un-passable lines in the sand, since the trigger threats serve as long-term binding incentives for people to make a deal.  Whatever the proposal, I'm sure it will get at least four and maybe five "no" votes, probably from Ryan, Bachus, Durbin and Frank.  Of course, I'm assuming that the process will have some kind of rational outcome, which obviously is a dumb assumption on my part.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »

Anvi, who are Mike Durbin and Chris van Hallen? Evil twins of the gentlemen from Illinois and Maryland?

I do, for the most part, agree with your list, though. But I anticipate that the maniacs in the House will demand some creepazoid like Cantor be on it.

Smiley  Thanks for catching the bad names.  Fixed.  I don't know why I put "Mike" Durbin  There was a great professional bowler from some years ago named Mike Durbin, and maybe I had it in the back of my head somewhere that I liked him better than one of my Senators.

God, I hope they don't pick Cantor.  I detest that guy.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies