The House Democrats Sit-In (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:15:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The House Democrats Sit-In (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The House Democrats Sit-In  (Read 2168 times)
Seriously?
United States

« on: June 23, 2016, 12:06:23 AM »
« edited: June 23, 2016, 12:08:38 AM by Seriously? »

Man this incident proves the media is liberal. When the GOP threatens to filibuster its considered shutting down the senate and undemocratic but when the dems shut down the house its not considered undemocratic or shutting down the house lol

Do you not see a difference between literally shutting down the government for two weeks and occupying an empty building after the House has already gone to recess?
I'd rather the government be shut down, personally. The sequester that came out of that was a good thing for (temporarily) slowing down the explosion of the national debt.

With that said, I don't care what these liberals do on the House floor. They are in the minority and have no right to a floor vote, just like when the shoe was on the other foot and the Republicans were in the minority. This is just your typical Kabuki theater crap that goes on in that chamber all the time. (And I say that in a non-partisan way. Both parties are guilty of this kind of ridiculous grandstanding.)

Very few chitts will be given by the American voter on this stunt at the end of the day.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:24:16 AM »

Man this incident proves the media is liberal.

Old meme.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Republicans caused a shutdown of the government.  Nice try, though.

and that was all the blame of the republicans lol, what about obama and reid not budging on budget negotiations in 2013.
I don't care who gets the blame for a constitutionally prescribed shutdown. As far as I am concerned, the old adage about the Texas legislature applies to Fedzilla.

"When the Texas legislature is in session, neither your wife nor your wallet is safe."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies