Is use of the term 'feminazi' to describe feminists ridiculous?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:44:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Is use of the term 'feminazi' to describe feminists ridiculous?  (Read 5353 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2005, 09:49:17 PM »

Extreme feminists have certain superficial similarities to Nazis, in that they seek to force discrimination on a segment of the population through undemocratic means.  Nobody means to suggest that they advocate mass death camps for men.....yet.  But their methods and overall disposition have some similarity.

On the other hand, comparing Bush to Hitler is an outrage.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2005, 09:50:04 PM »

Of course I voted 'yes'.

Criticizing feminism is one thing, yet comparing them to Nazis is ridiculous considering that the ideology of feminism is diametrically opposite that of Nazism.

Those that want as much abortion as possible are nazis. That's where the term comes from.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2005, 09:52:43 PM »

Of course I voted 'yes'.

Criticizing feminism is one thing, yet comparing them to Nazis is ridiculous considering that the ideology of feminism is diametrically opposite that of Nazism.

Those that want as much abortion as possible are nazis. That's where the term comes from.

People who want more abortions are probably a rather tiny minority, even among "feminazis."
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2005, 09:55:44 PM »

No, the word feminazi, as introduced by Rush Limbaugh, is not used for feminists in general, but rather those who want as much abortion as possible.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2005, 09:56:19 PM »

Of course I voted 'yes'.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare anti-male feminists with sexist males. Although both are wrong, the original discrimination is less defensible. Take this situation:

Guy A punches Guy B. Guy B punches him back. Both are wrong yet Guy A is even more wrong.

Extreme feminists have certain superficial similarities to Nazis, in that they seek to force discrimination on a segment of the population through undemocratic means.  Nobody means to suggest that they advocate mass death camps for men.....yet.  But their methods and overall disposition have some similarity.

I think you're wrong to think that men "punched" women first, and there they are justified in punching us back.  I think it's better to say that women had a different role in society, and were looking to change and expand that role.  I don't believe the position of women in society was like that of, say, blacks, who were systematically discriminated against.  The old social order contained rigid gender roles for men as well as women, and much of what has been called discrimination against women flowed from that.  But in certain ways, men were effectively discriminated against.  Male life has always been, and continues to be, viewed as more expendable than female life.  While women have been somewhat liberated from these traditional gender roles, men have not been, for the most part.

I just don't believe this malarky spread by the feminists that men sought to actively discriminate against women out of malice.  Feminists wanted to change the role of women in society and have done so.  They should let go of some of their anger.

Can you explain what is so terrible about mainstream feminists? If a woman considers herself a feminists because she wants completely equal opportunities for women and an end to ALL gender roles (male and female)? Do not rant about man-hating bitches as I am not referring to McKinnon/Dworkin type fascists. If all feminists were man-hating bitches they obviously would've hated me and thus not dated or screwed me Smiley
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2005, 09:58:53 PM »

Wanting to end "sex roles" is totalitarian. It's none of your business.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2005, 09:59:50 PM »

It is if society forces it on you (such as the "glass ceiling")
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2005, 10:02:45 PM »

You have no right to tell anyone who to employ, or for what position a person is fit, unless you own the company.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2005, 10:46:37 PM »

No, the word feminazi, as introduced by Rush Limbaugh, is not used for feminists in general, but rather those who want as much abortion as possible.

There can never be any more abortion than the demand for abortion.  I guess that is what you mean by 'as possible'.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2005, 11:53:10 PM »

No more or less than the term "Talibangelical" is to describe evangelical Christians.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2005, 12:00:41 AM »

No more or less than the term "Talibangelical" is to describe evangelical Christians.

That's a ridiculous term right there.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2005, 12:06:10 AM »

I know. But generally speaking, one term is used by liberals to insult a certain group of conservatives and the other is used by conservatives to insult a certain group of liberals. (I'm waiting for people to say "feminazi" is ridiculous but "Talibangelical" is not. Hypocrits.)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2005, 01:12:54 AM »

feminazi- isn't it a kinda strange word since most of the feminazis are from the left?  If nazi implies far right, wouldn't femicommie be a more appropriate word?
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2005, 01:31:22 AM »

What a totally moronic and ridiculous statement.  I, and many other people know women who have gotten abortions.  I don't think any of them want to have more, or as many as possible.  Think man.  What a totally ridiculous thing to say.  No one wants MORE abortions.  Everybody, both sides, Democrat and Republicans are very much interested in reducing the number of abortions.

Promoting abstinence instead of real sex education, or eschewing the promotion of condom use is not the way to do it, btw.  Most sensible people and most Social Libertarians think that medical decisions should be made between a woman and her doctor, not made by the government.

Did I mention that I hate you all?

Wink

fb
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2005, 03:24:32 AM »

Opebo doesn't want to reduce the number of abortions.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2005, 07:52:01 AM »

It is a demeaning and spiteful term used by a few right wing males who need to say these things in order to make themselves feel superior in some way.

But the term "male chauvinist pig" is perfectly OK?
I said that where?

Maybe YOU didn't, but the term "feminazi" is basically payback for men being called that by radical feminists.  It's a great irony, since the radical feminists are basically female chauvinist pigs, the mirror image of the male chauvinists they so reviled.

Do you agree that "male chauvinist pig" is also a demeaning and spiteful term also?

Of course i do.

I think it's more analoguous to female chauvinist sow, though.

You'd need masculinazi as an exact aesthetic and syntactical counterpart for feminazi.  But it's culturally irrelevant, since the term "masculinism" hasn't caught on the way feminism has, which is nice, as it means the egalitarians aren't fighting a two-front battle.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2005, 06:42:58 PM »

Opebo doesn't want to reduce the number of abortions.

True, I am quite indifferent to the number of abortions.

And angus, the reason there is no 'masculinist' movement to speak of is that the cultural norm is masculinism.  Thats why so many of these lads on here still expect to pay for dinner dates, open doors, and so forth, even in 2005.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies