Primary Night Results Thread (AL, CA, IA, MT, NJ, NM, SD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:46:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Primary Night Results Thread (AL, CA, IA, MT, NJ, NM, SD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Primary Night Results Thread (AL, CA, IA, MT, NJ, NM, SD)  (Read 32928 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 03, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

NJ's Secretary of State site doesn't carry live results. Instead, follow NJ races from the NJN website - http://www.njn.net/newspublicaffairs/coverage/2008primaryelection.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:27:32 PM »

More from Ocean and one from Hunterdon. Lautenberg and Zimmer are dominating so far.

Not many in yet from Ocean but it's not good for Andrews so far.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:45:32 PM »

9% reporting...

Lautenberg - 55%
Andrews - 40%
Cresitello - 5%
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »

Camp Andrews is optimistic, saying turnout should be just below 200,000 when they originally believed it would be around 300,000.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »

Andrews only winning Cape May by eight points with almost half the precincts in? Seems too weak...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:05:01 PM »

Ugh, this race has to be over. Cape May is 71% in and Andrews is only up six...and he's now losing Cumberland.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »

Results are coming in from New Mexico, just a handful of votes from two precincts though. Pearce leads Wilson.

Do you have a link to counties?

AP numbers show Pearce winning by five...votes. I don't think it matters which county.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »

Eh, at least Lance and Zimmer will win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »

Pearce up four points with 82% reporting. Does every election involving Wilson have to be so close?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 11:24:34 PM »

Well, if Pearce wins, it saves me money.

This race should save everyone money. Udall pretty much has this one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 11:29:45 PM »

Well, if Pearce wins, it saves me money.

This race should save everyone money. Udall pretty much has this one.

Republicans need to stop being so principled if they want to regain Washington.  They'd rather lose nominating Barry Goldwaters than win with Nelson Rockefellers.

My point is that Wilson wasn't going to win the seat either. And it's not really about principle. I don't believe that Wilson is a RINO or anything like that. She's just closer to the center and, contrary to popular belief, I don't think that always means more electable.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »

My point is that Wilson wasn't going to win the seat either. And it's not really about principle. I don't believe that Wilson is a RINO or anything like that. She's just closer to the center and, contrary to popular belief, I don't think that always means more electable.

The "pork" she supported was for national security, since New Mexico houses all that extremely sensitive stuff.

I...didn't even mention anything/attack her.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 12:11:15 AM »

Pearce only up about two thousand votes with 92% reporting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 12:18:09 AM »

Isn't it fitting that Heather Wilson's career once again depends on a few remaining precincts?

It's so cruel.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 12:20:35 AM »

Isn't it fitting that Heather Wilson's career once again depends on a few remaining precincts?

It's so cruel.
Not for your home state's resident electoral Houdini, Mr. Jim "I can't believe I lost another .4% of the vote and I still won!" Gerlach.

I was going to mention him as well.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 02:07:20 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2008, 02:13:21 AM by President Keystone Phil »

Called for McClintock in CA-04

Thank you California GOP...

That's the person the CA GOP should want running in that CD.  Sorry.

But, but, Don said...

Don supports moderates of the GOP.  Not necessarily the best candidates.

He used to argue that he was supporting the candidates with the best chances of winning. Then he ended up supporting Kirk Humphreys in the OK Senate primary and Lisa Murkowski in the AK Senate primary back in 2004. I challenged him on why he would say he supports the candidates with the best chances of winning and then actually support two weaker candidates. I don't recall the answer.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »

If an extreme candidate can win more easily in one district, but embarrasses us in the other 434 districts, then it is a setback.

I find it hard to believe that a single House candidate (barring the situation involving a controversial incumbent involved in scandal, a la Mark Foley) is going to embarrass and set us back in 434 districts.

As for Murkowski, she may have won but she was given a much harder time than Mike Miller would have received.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 12:48:24 PM »

Everybody loves regional polarization:

I know I love it but it's certainly not as bad as it should have been. Lautenberg only losing Cape May by five points is very embarrassing. Same with the even closer Cumberland. Even Atlantic wasn't convincing for Andrews.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »

I know I love it but it's certainly not as bad as it should have been. Lautenberg only losing Cape May by five points is very embarrassing. Same with the even closer Cumberland. Even Atlantic wasn't convincing for Andrews.

Aren't there a lot of retirees in Cape May? They may not have been receptive to the "Lautenberg's too old" argument.

Yeah, that's what commentators thought last night. It's possible.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »

Though this summer I may campaign for both Zimmer and McCain.  And no, I'm still not voting for McCain.

Campaign for him but not vote for him...?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, good. Now we have absolutely nothing to use against him. Zimmer - 43% again.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 12:54:33 AM »

Though this summer I may campaign for both Zimmer and McCain.  And no, I'm still not voting for McCain.

Campaign for him but not vote for him...?

Given my past experience, it'd be all but impossible to separate the two.  Or even the three: Lance/Zimmer/McCain.  It's all calling and IDing likely GOP voters anyways.  You're almost wasting your time if you're not working all three at once.

The way he worded it, though, made it seem like he was going to work on them seperately but I know what you mean.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 02:05:26 AM »

As for Murkowski, she may have won but she was given a much harder time than Mike Miller would have received.

She's also a mediocre Senator.

Agreed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies