NJ Democratic Senate Primary - General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:49:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ Democratic Senate Primary - General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: NJ Democratic Senate Primary - General Discussion  (Read 15016 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2008, 11:03:05 PM »

And it wasn't even close. What a disgrace.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »

frank is a complete son of a bitch.

i guess i endorse whatever assistant city manager you republicans have running against him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »

i guess i endorse whatever assistant city manager you republicans have running against him.

He's actually a former Congressman. He lost to Lautenberg in 1996 by about ten points.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2008, 11:20:52 PM »

He's actually a former Congressman. He lost to Lautenberg in 1996 by about ten points.

i dont recall lautenberg running in 96.  he did run in 94 against some state rep who nearly beat him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2008, 11:26:04 PM »

i dont recall lautenberg running in 96.  he did run in 94 against some state rep who nearly beat him.

My apologies. I was thinking of the seat that Lautenberg currently has. He was a Class I Senator before his brief retirement. The guy who is running against him this time ran against Toricelli in 1996.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2008, 12:16:47 AM »

You have to love this piece of filth Lautenberg. I'm watching the repeat of the election coverage on NJN. He was asked about debates with Zimmer. His response? "He has to bring something to the table. I want to hear what he stands for. So far, I know that he stands for lobbying..."

What does that mean? You don't like what he stands for so no debates? Classic. Thank you, New Jersey!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2008, 05:47:09 AM »

True, but (to the best of my knowledge) Holt is one the very,very, very few honest electable politicians in New Jersey (Dick Codey also comes to mind).  After George Norcross, John Lynch, Jon Corzine, Jim McGreevey, Bob Menendez, the Torch, Sharpe James, etc, etc, etc; I would think any honest politician in New Jersey would be welcome.

Setting the bar awful low, aren't we?

?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »

What were the final results? How much did Lautenberg win by?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2008, 09:20:38 AM »

What were the final results? How much did Lautenberg win by?

Lautenberg: 59%
Andrews: 35%
Cresitello: 6%

Zimmer: 46%
Pennacchio: 40%
Sabrin: 14%
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »

Thanks Joe.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »

So I slightly underestimated Lautenberg and slightly overestimated Cresitello but was basically correct. Wrong on the GOP primary, but turnout was so low that basically anything could have happened. Also, Sabrin took second in two counties (Ocean and Gloucester). LOL
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2008, 05:42:31 PM »

Yikes, I was got the two nominees I did not want on the two sides.  However, I think this matchup probably gives the GOP the best chance of winning. 

Just to stress the importance of county lines, Jersey Joe broke 60% in Bergen after receiving it
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2008, 06:35:48 PM »

You have to love this piece of filth Lautenberg. I'm watching the repeat of the election coverage on NJN. He was asked about debates with Zimmer. His response? "He has to bring something to the table. I want to hear what he stands for. So far, I know that he stands for lobbying..."

What does that mean? You don't like what he stands for so no debates? Classic. Thank you, New Jersey!
What a brilliant response! Lautenberg is essentially saying, "I refuse to engage in a discussion over our disagreements on the issues because I disagree with my opponent on the issues."
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2008, 10:52:17 PM »

What a brilliant response! Lautenberg is essentially saying, "I refuse to engage in a discussion over our disagreements on the issues because I disagree with my opponent on the issues."

The dude's just older than dirt and was always terrible at debating.  Saying just about anything sounds better than "I'm too old to do this."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies