Opinion of Jill Stein (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:06:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Jill Stein (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Jill Stein
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Opinion of Jill Stein  (Read 3160 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: September 16, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »

Easily a FF. My only big gripe is that she doesn't seem to love nuclear energy like I do.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »

Things like wind and solar power are clearly preferable to nuclear power, which doesn't produce radioactive waste.  Also, if a wind turbine fails, it falls on some cows.  If a nuclear power plant fails, well...

The catch is neither wind nor solar are particularly reliable for putting out at their full capacity around the clock. Until tech for storage batteries improves this limitation will leave us in need of a more reliable source of baseload power. So far as I can tell, coal and nuclear are the only two energy options of that nature ready to go right now at a reasonable cost and - because I consider the whole "clean coal" pitch as little more than a PR campaign by the producers of fossil fuels to help them keep selling what they already make - nuclear stands out to me as the better choice. Provided we can someday start building reactors that run on thorium, the long-standing taboo about safety surrounding these power stations can be done away with and this form of energy could well become the mainstay of modern society - with fuel enough in the ground to last us for so long as to make current coal and oil reserves look insignificant. When Greens rally against nuclear power I cannot easily take much of their outlook on energy policy seriously anymore. Unsure
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

I noticed in the extended debate from the other night she appeared to be a staunch believer in class struggle and conspiracy theories pertaining to members of the upper classes, the war in Iraq being primarily about oil, and had the same sort of cynicism and belligerent tone in her words on opponents as I remember from Dennis Kucinich. I am starting to get the impression that I agree with her on many issues but often reach those same policy prescriptions via very different lines of thought. Her negativity and at times militant vibe in general are, along with the aforementioned concerns, making me start to sympathize with dead0man's attitude here.

There is a very real chance I'll withdraw my support for her in favor of the Justice Party candidate by November.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies