Hillary to place field staff in all 50 states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:54:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary to place field staff in all 50 states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary to place field staff in all 50 states  (Read 1177 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: June 18, 2016, 05:02:40 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2016, 05:08:05 PM by Virginia »

So confirms that Hillary does indeed plan to build up the party downballot and not selfishly hoard money for her campaign, like her Victory Fund detractors suggested?

If so, KUDOS! I am so excited to see how badly the Republican party suffers at the polls this November. I don't think I have ever been as interested in an election as I have been this year. Not even close.

*"landslide" meaning something really yuge, beyond even '08ama.

A 10+ point win with similar ticket splitting as in 2012 would utterly decimate Republicans downballot. They could lose Congress and a dozen or more state legislature chambers.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:34:39 PM »

Yes, go ahead and waste money on non swing states.

It's really not that silly when you think about it. If Hillary really does end up with a huge cash advantage and a constant polling lead, which is looking highly likely, then she can spread the money around to bump her margins elsewhere while also supporting downballot candidates. Eventually your investments in various states reach a state of diminishing returns, so if you have 270+ locked down, then move money around to help elect more Senators/House Reps so you can have a chance at implementing your agenda. Clinton just performing better in various states can help downballot candidates, if her bump is big enough. That's not including the extra money spent on the local party/other candidates.

I think she would stupid not to do this if she has enough spare cash.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies