Trump: Bring Guns to Nightclub
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:34:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Bring Guns to Nightclub
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump: Bring Guns to Nightclub  (Read 2796 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »

More guns will only result in more gun-related violence. I've yet to hear a coherent rebuttal to this.
Homicides peaked in 1993 and have declined ever since.

Sure, but despite the decline (NOT due to an increase in guns), the US still has vastly more homicides than other oecd countries, and also way more guns

It's more of a race problem them anything. African Americans are only 12.6 percent of the population  but commit 50 percent of the homicides. It seems that if you remove African Americans entirely from the stats homicide would drop to near to Belgium levels.  To fix the problem we need to fix city crime first.

So why are there third world African countries with lower murder rates than the US if it is all about race?

Why are you guys so reluctant to compare the United States to the rest of the world?  You know there is a whole world outside of your gerrymandered congressional district.
I don't know...why do immigrants from said African countries graduate college or grad school with degrees in STEM and land good jobs in those fields, while numerous African-Americans from the inner city struggle to graduate high school?

Perhaps it's the culture of where they're raised and not the skin color.

The person you responded to is right.  It's not a politically correct thing to say, but it's true.  Eliminate the gang banger violence and we start to become a relatively peaceful country.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »

More guns will only result in more gun-related violence. I've yet to hear a coherent rebuttal to this.
Homicides peaked in 1993 and have declined ever since.

Sure, but despite the decline (NOT due to an increase in guns), the US still has vastly more homicides than other oecd countries, and also way more guns

It's more of a race problem them anything. African Americans are only 12.6 percent of the population  but commit 50 percent of the homicides. It seems that if you remove African Americans entirely from the stats homicide would drop to near to Belgium levels.  To fix the problem we need to fix city crime first.

So why are there third world African countries with lower murder rates than the US if it is all about race?

Why are you guys so reluctant to compare the United States to the rest of the world?  You know there is a whole world outside of your gerrymandered congressional district.

I just stated the facts we need to fix inner city crime before we take guns from white america. And if third word african countries are so safe then why are they all moving to europe
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2016, 05:52:30 PM »

I just stated the facts we need to fix inner city crime before we take guns from white america.

You need to look up the definition of the word "fact"

And if third word african countries are so safe then why are they all moving to europe

Not even sure if I should dignify someone who thinks all Africans are moving to Europe with an answer.  Surely you aren't this clueless?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/jan/30/great-escape-european-migrants-fleeing-recession

You would think people posting on a forum about politics would be better informed.  The myopic ignorant bigotry around here is amazing.
Gabagool102
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »

I just stated the facts we need to fix inner city crime before we take guns from white america.

And if third word african countries are so safe then why are they all moving to europe

Not even sure if I should dignify someone who thinks all Africans are moving to Europe with an answer.  Surely you aren't this clueless?

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/jan/30/great-escape-european-migrants-fleeing-recession

You would think people posting on a forum about politics would be better informed.  The myopic ignorant bigotry around here is amazing.

So, go live in Mozambique, its A WONDERFUL paradise.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »

I like to spend some time in Mozambique
The sunny sky is aqua blue
And all the couples dancing cheek to cheek
It's very nice to stay a week or two
And fall in love just me and you.

There's a lot of pretty girls in Mozambique
And plenty time for good romance
And everybody likes to stop and speak
To give the special one you seek a chance
Or maybe say hello with just a glance.

Lying next to her by the ocean
Reaching out and touching her hand
Whispering your secret emotion
Magic in a magical land.

And when it's time for leaving Mozambique
To say goodbye to sand and sea
You turn around to take a final peek
And you see why it's so unique to be
Among the lovely people living free
Upon the beach of sunny Mozambique.

(Ironically the song was written during the Mozambique civil war but Dylan's gonna be Dylan.)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2016, 12:46:13 AM »

Like many places on the planet outside of your gerrymandered Congressional district it seems like it is a paradise whether I live there or not.  Fact of the matter is you are 100% wrong.  Educate yourself, son.

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2016, 10:37:38 AM »

Oh well, nevermind

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-06-20/trump-us-should-consider-profiling-muslims

Please people, don't listen to what Trump says, listen to what he says he said a week after he said it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies