Opinion: The myth of the Iranian threat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:53:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion: The myth of the Iranian threat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion: The myth of the Iranian threat  (Read 852 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 16, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »

Most U.S. officials quietly acknowledge that Saudi Arabia and the Sunni-ruled Gulf monarchies are the major supporters of al-Qaeda and the Islamic State, not Shi’ite Iran. Vice President Joseph Biden concluded just that during a foreign policy speech at Harvard in October of 2014. A recently released classified State Department cable dated Dec. 30, 2009, stated, “...donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide.”
The way all this is worded tells me all I want to know about how full of sh**t these people are.

Iran exports terrorism.  Period.  No, they don't support Sunni terrorist organizations.  Why would they ya idiots?  Just because you think they are perpetual victims and think Jews and Americans deserve to die while on vacation because of the evils they've done to the poor, downtrodden religious leaders or Iran doesn't mean it's not terrorist to the rest of us, non-horrible people.  They regularly hang homosexuals too, but I suppose that's pretty easy to ignore.

Yeah, the Arabs in charge around them suck too.  Perhaps more.  That's not an excuse.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:27:33 PM »

To be clear: I do not condone any terrorism or other human rights violations committed by Iran or its proxies, which they surely have done. I'm just pointing out the self-serving hypocrisy of the US, Israeli, and Saudi foreign policy elites in their persistent warmongering toward and demonization of Iran, while ignoring their own countries' crimes and abuses (which is especially relevant in the case of the Saudis, of course).

This is not about "opposing terrorism." This is geopolitics. Iran refuses to serve the interests of the US and its allies. And considering the history of the American-Iranian relationship from the 1950s onward, can you honestly blame them?

Let's have some intellectual (and moral!) honesty here, for once.
100% agree.  Iran's sins aren't an excuse for the sins of the Saudis, the Israelis or the US either.

And yes, they have good excuses to be against us.  And actions on both sides makes sure nothing changes.

What are you looking for here?  Us to admit Iran isn't the only bastard in the region?  Done, they ain't the only bastard in the region.  Still bastards though.  Still hanging homosexuals, still blowing up buses full of tourists.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies