What is your Top 8 of Harry Potter movies and books? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:42:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What is your Top 8 of Harry Potter movies and books? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your Top 8 of Harry Potter movies and books?  (Read 1533 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: August 11, 2018, 07:31:04 PM »

I don't get why Goblet of Fire is rated so low. For me it's the best movie, which is to be expected since Mike Newell is the best director among those who worked in the franchise.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »

I don't get why Goblet of Fire is rated so low. For me it's the best movie, which is to be expected since Mike Newell is the best director among those who worked in the franchise.

Eh, I think both Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron are better (though I strongly disagree with Cuaron's choices for Prisoner of Azkaban...)

Cuaron reminds me of Zack Snyder: strong visuals but when it comes to narrative and characters, he leaves something to be desired.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 06:13:13 PM »

Cutting the big kiss between Harry and Ginny in Half-Blood Prince was a horrendous decision. People in Hollywood would kill to have such a big, crowd-pleasing scene in their movies, JK Rowling writes them one, and then suddenly they say "you know what, let's just put them pecking on the lips when nobody watches them".
What a travesty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies