POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:28:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD  (Read 71667 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 21, 2015, 05:47:32 AM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 05:51:13 AM »

i'd be happy to help out as well. i don't really have any specific qualifications that other people haven't listed (a long and active posting history, a non-american timezone, the ability to be impartial when necessary, ...) but i have no life and therefore plenty of time to devote to moderatorly duties.

of the previous applicants i think crabcake, türkisblau and cathcon are the best choices. preferably crabcake, as the mod team in its current state is significantly to the right of the forum as a whole

The current mod team is significantly more British than the forum as a whole also.

Afleitch and Peter (who is inactive)?

I sometimes forget Al is no longer a mod.   

anyway, point is that such quotas are irrelevant as long as there is no threat of bias in moderation.  And I don't see any threat against left-wing posters expressing their views more than against right-wing views; if anything it is the opposite. 

The mod team is generally conservative.

Ernest is a conservative leaning independent
Dallasfan is a conservative leaning independent
Andrew CT is a Republican
Torie is Republican
Badger is Republican (sort of)
MasterJedi is a Republican (but has gone)
Muon is an elected Republican

That leaves Mr Morden who’s a-political, Joe who’s a-political, Alcon who’s generally a-political as is The Mikado, Hashemite who’s more concerned about international politics, Gustaf who’s Swedish, Tender who’s Austrian, myself Scottish (and even I could be considered conservative), Beet who’s mute and Peter who’s English and gone.

Mr Moderate is probably the only one who argues from the Democratic position at the present time
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies