Realistically, how much better could Biden/Trump have done (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:56:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Realistically, how much better could Biden/Trump have done (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Realistically, how much better could Biden/Trump have done  (Read 1325 times)
Motorcity

« on: April 30, 2021, 12:35:12 PM »

At the end of the day, the final results reflected the polls since 2017. The only states that could have gone with way were MI,WI,PA,NC,AZ,GA,FL and NV

Baring something crazy, what is the best Joe Biden or Donald Trump could have done?

I think Biden could have won NC with a little more effort. I think Florida is a reach tbh

I think Trump could have repeated his 2016 map and flipped Nevada

Thoughts
Motorcity

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »

If one understands economic fundamentals...its really a miracle that Trump lost in 2020. The amount of fiscal spending done in 2020 is unlike anything seen in American history: Stimulus checks, PPP loans, SBA loans, generous unemployment benefits boosted income 5.8% y.o.y in 2020 which makes the 2020 COVID recession the first recession in which incomes grew substantially rather than declined or stagnated. The last time income growth was that high was during the 2000 elections in which Bush barely beat Gore but there wasnt even an incumbent that year. Realistically, any normal inoffensive Republican should of won in 2020 given the amount of spending to juice the economy.
I say the same thing to anyone who will listen, Democrats got stupid lucky in 2020
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=430024.msg7951083#msg7951083

I think Trump was on track to repeat his 2016 victory before COVID hit. The generic Democrat only led by 1-2 points in states like Wisconsin and PA. Tied in AZ and under water in Florida and North Carolina. If we assume the shy Trump vote, Trump wins.

An incumbent with a roaring economy should have easily won. The pandemic forced people to realize that having a safety net is important and we need to improve infrastructure. It also made people scared for their pocketbook and need healthcare.

The BLM showed that how important police brutality was and the need for a better President

And Georgia dumbass second round voting for senate
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies