Election Discussion Thread - District 3A Speical (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:03:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Discussion Thread - District 3A Speical (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Discussion Thread - District 3A Speical  (Read 2482 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: April 28, 2005, 11:42:42 PM »

So, in other words...

Masterjedi 1

Everyone else 0

(ian's absentee vote)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:57:55 PM »

June.  Of course, then it will be Regional Senate seats, not District Senate seats.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 12:07:55 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's in King's SOFA thread in the Government board.

Wisconsin is in the Mideast, as an FYI. 

Unless Masterjedi wins, there will be no incumbent in that race.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 04:18:34 PM »

I am discounting Mr Hobbes vote from the outset because of the voter residency requirement.

That requirement really should deal with candidates too.  It would solve the carpetbagging problem.

Just as a question for Peter:  Will all of these votes count by people who moved into the District under ten days ago?

IMO, if they do count, then if we're going to fix the candidacy requirement, I think the voter requirement should be made clear also, where people can't just stock a Region with people right before any special election (with the new two month switch thingy).

And I support fixing both as well, fwiw.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »

I am discounting Mr Hobbes vote from the outset because of the voter residency requirement.

That requirement really should deal with candidates too.  It would solve the carpetbagging problem.

Just as a question for Peter:  Will all of these votes count by people who moved into the District under ten days ago?

IMO, if they do count, then if we're going to fix the candidacy requirement, I think the voter requirement should be made clear also, where people can't just stock a Region with people right before any special election (with the new two month switch thingy).

And I support fixing both as well, fwiw.

Well if you remember it says that anyone who has been registered in that state for less than 10 days before a general election is not able to vote in that election. I don't know if that is what you are refering to but that's the law IIRC.

The actual text of the clause makes no mention of Region nor State.  It only talks about being a Registered voter 10 days before an election.

http://www.progressnj.com/atlaswiki/index.php/Second_Article_V

#4 In order to vote or be a canidate in an election, a person must have been a registered voter on the tenth day before that election.

Mr. Hobbes is therefore not an eligible candidate in this election, nor an eligible voter, obviously.

However, we have a loophole here which NixonNow and jfern will likely be able to glide under and their vote will be eligible.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 11:23:58 PM »

That makes the results:  MasterJedi 4 (Gustaf, OWL, Naso, and Jedi); BRTD 2 (BRTD, Ilikeverin)

The big decision I must make is whether or not to use the 25 posts from the last election rule.  If so, it goes from 4-2 Jedi over BRTD to 1-1 with BRTD and Jedi being the only ones that qualify.

Yep, that whole statute (defining activity) was not well-written, imo.  Doesn't take into account special election like this one (one week after the general election).

Regardless of how King interprets it, the interpretation could easily be challenged in court by an unhappy party.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 11:33:22 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2005, 11:35:12 PM by Senator Sam Spade »

One other thing, according to a strict interpretation of the 25 post rule, these votes would count:

BRTD, Masterjedi, Mike Naso, Dean, 9iron and ian (absentee).

That would give Masterjedi a 5-1 lead.

The other interpretation gives Masterjedi a 7-2 lead, OWL's 25th post since February was in that thread.

The interpretation adding NixonNow and jfern, gives Masterjedi a 7-4 lead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies