From 2018 To Beyond: Starting with Detailed 2018 Election Night Coverage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  From 2018 To Beyond: Starting with Detailed 2018 Election Night Coverage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: From 2018 To Beyond: Starting with Detailed 2018 Election Night Coverage  (Read 24734 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2018, 10:14:58 AM »

8:50 PM EST: NELSON INCREASES LEAD IN FLORIDA; SHALALA PULLS NARROWLY AHEAD (CONTINUED)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gubernatorial Results and Exit Polls:

Governorships called: 3 D --- 5 R

[/quote]
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2018, 11:05:44 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2018, 11:30:39 AM by Cruz Will Win 👁 »

9:00 PM EST: POLLS CLOSE IN AZ, CO, KS, LA, MN, NE, NM, NY, SD, WI, AND WY

The Great Wave off Kanagawa, by Katsushika Hokusai

November 6, 2018, 8:00 PM EST: ELECTION NIGHT, CNN Headquarters, Washington D.C.
CNN: THE SITUATION ROOM - CNN'S ELECTION DAY HEADQUARTERS

Wolf Blitzer: "Polls closing now in another 11 states, and we can characterize some of these KEY RACES using our exit polls."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that the Senate race in Arizona is TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Democrat Amy Klobuchar will WIN the Senate race in Minnesota."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that the Senate race in Nebraska is TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Democrat Martin Heinrich will WIN the Senate race in New Mexico."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand will WIN the Senate race in New York."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that the Senate race in Wisconsin is TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that the Senate race in Wyoming is TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that the 2nd Senate race in Minnesota, the special election, is TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can characterize the Gubernatorial race in Arizona as TOO CLOSE TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can characterize the Gubernatorial race in Colorado as TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can characterize the Gubernatorial race in Kansas as TOO CLOSE TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Democrat J.B. Pritzker will WIN the Gubernatorial race in Illinois."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Democrat Tim Walz will WIN the Gubernatorial race in Minnesota."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Republican Pete Ricketts will WIN the Gubernatorial race in Nebraska."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can characterize the Gubernatorial race in New Mexico as TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Democrat Andrew Cuomo will WIN the Gubernatorial race in New York."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can characterize the Gubernatorial race in South Dakota as TOO EARLY TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can characterize the Gubernatorial race in Wisconsin as TOO CLOSE TO CALL."

Wolf Blitzer: "Based on our exit polls, we can project that Republican Mark Gordon will WIN the Gubernatorial race in Wyoming."

John King: "OK, while you've been making those characterizations, we have called FL-27 for the Democrats - Shalala narrowly winning, GA-06 for the Republicans - Karen Handel narrowly holding on. VA-07 has gone to Abigail Spanberger, the Democrat, defeating Republican incumbent Dave Brat. So those are 2 more pickups for the Democrats, 1 hold for the Republicans."

John King: "Now let's take a look at all these House exit polls. Democrats are up by substantial margins in the AZ-01 and AZ-02 exit polls. AZ-06, and AZ-08 also have narrower Democratic leads. AZ-06 and AZ-08 are somewhat surprising there. In Colorado, Democrats have a 9 point lead in the CO-06 exit, but Republicans are way up in CO-03. In Kansas, Democrat Sharice Davis up by 12 over Kevin Yoder in KS-03, but Paul Davis down to Republican Steve Watkins by 8. In Minnesota, Democrats are up in all of MN-01, MN-02, MN-03, and MN-08, all 4 of the competitive districts in the state. In NE-02, a moderate 6 point lead for Kara Eastman, the Democrat, over Don Bacon. And in NM02, Xochitl Torres Small is up by 6 in the exit poll against Republican Yvette Herrell. In New York, we've got a dead heat in NY-01. NY-02 is a 16 point Republican lead, disappointing for Democrats who might have wanted to beat the long-time Republican from Long Island. NY-11, Staten Island area, also a solid Republican lead in the exit poll. In upstate, NY-18, NY-19, NY-21, NY-22, and NY-24 all have modest Democratic leads. Even in NY-27, where Republican Chris Collins is enmired in scandal, Republicans have just a 2 point lead in the exit poll. In Wisconsin, WI-01, WI-05, WI-06 all have fairly modest Republican leads."

John King: "All in all, Democrats have to be pretty happy with those exit polls. But we have already seen a number of races where the actual results have turned out differently than what the early exit polls were saying, so these won't all be Democratic gains."

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2018, 11:07:23 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
[/quote]
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »

Senate Results and Exit Polls:

Senate seats called: 11 D --- 1 R

Governorships called: 3 D --- 5 R

[/quote]
Junior Chimp

« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »

I think you missed North Dakota in the 9 pm ET Poll Closing.

And you mixed up Illinois and Minnesota Governor. Walz is running in MN while Pritzker is in IL.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2018, 11:38:16 AM »

I think you missed North Dakota in the 9 pm ET Poll Closing.

I think ND is one of the states where polls close at different times in different time zones. For whatever reason, I had it categorized as closing at 10 EST (I think based on the part of the state that is mountain time). I could switch it to 9 EST if it really makes more sense/is more realistic, and if readers really want that (?). There is probably a bit longer suspense about the Senate if we wait another hour, though.

Thanks, fixed.
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2018, 11:03:44 AM »

Has anyone noticed that Beto is still leading Cruz 52.8% to 45.4% with 52% already in? His lead just seems to increase as more votes are counted. Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if Cruz ending up losing in Cruz Will Win's thread?

I also see that Greg Abbott is leading Valdez by less than three points (51.0% to 48.3%) with 75% in. That's not very realistic in my opinion, but if it really was true, that spells massive trouble for Cruz because he always runs behind Abbott.

I realize these numbers are randomized, but on a real election night, these results would portend a giant blue tsunami.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2018, 11:12:04 AM »

Has anyone noticed that Beto is still leading Cruz 52.8% to 45.4% with 52% already in? His lead just seems to increase as more votes are counted. Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if Cruz ending up losing in Cruz Will Win's thread?

I also see that Greg Abbott is leading Valdez by less than three points (51.0% to 48.3%) with 75% in. That's not very realistic in my opinion, but if it really was true, that spells massive trouble for Cruz because he always runs behind Abbott.

I realize these numbers are randomized, but on a real election night, these results would portend a giant blue tsunami.
I mean I would hope so but these numbers actually can swing very rapidly...
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »

Yeah, I think your observations here are good and quite valid. We will just have to see what happens as the results continue to come in, however.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »

9:10 PM EST: OHIO GOVERNOR'S RACE CALLED

The Deluge (incumbents attempt to hold on for dear life), by Francis Danby

November 6, 2018, 9:10 PM EST: ELECTION NIGHT, CNN Headquarters, Washington D.C.

John King: "And we've just gotten word that enough votes have come in to call the Ohio Governor's race. That's right, 99% in and Republican Mike Dewine is the apparent winner in Ohio."

John King: "In the other Gubernatorial races, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island all are quite close right now. Georgia is still very close, with 99% reporting. We cannot call it yet. Republican Greg Abbott's lead has expanded in Texas to 6 points, with 87% in."

John King: "In the Senate, no more votes have come in from Florida. Still awaiting the last critical 3% of precincts to report in Florida, Bill Nelson remains just slightly ahead, 49.6%-48.8%. In Missouri, St. Louis has started reporting votes in bulk, and with 80% reporting, Josh Hawley is down to just a 7 point lead now, down from 50 just a short while ago. In Tennessee and Texas, Democrats are still holding narrow leads. 3 and half points in Tennessee with 83% in, and 7 points in Texas with 52% reporting."

Wolf Blitzer: "Boy, if if the Democrats can hold on in Florida and win Tennessee and Texas, along with that exit poll from Arizona that we just recently saw, what a huge reversal in momentum in the race for the Senate that would be, compared to earlier in the night after Mike Braun picked up Indiana for the Republicans. Can Claire McCaskill find enough votes in St. Louis and Kansas City to win Missouri, though, or will Josh Hawley keep his lead?"

John King: "Indeed, Wolf, those are the crucial questions. And control of the United States Senate is once again hanging in the balance."

John King: "We've also got some more house races called, another Democratic pickup in GA-07. We also have some key GOP holds called, FL-18 and OH-12."

"And in West Virginia, Carol Miller has now pulled narrowly ahead of Democrat Richard Ojeda, who had been leading all night. Miller now up by less than 1%, with 94% reporting."
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »

9:10 PM EST: OHIO GOVERNOR'S RACE CALLED (CONTINUED)

[/quote]
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »

9:10 PM EST: OHIO GOVERNOR'S RACE CALLED (CONTINUED)

Governorships called: 3 D --- 6 R

[/quote]
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »

Yeah, I think your observations here are good and quite valid. We will just have to see what happens as the results continue to come in, however.

Just to add to that, the sizes of the swings that are possible as more results come in is probably a bit higher than is really realistic. For example, although OH-GOV was just called for the Republicans, the Dems managed to make up the margin a bit more than is probably realistic in the last sets of returns. That is because probably more R votes and too few D votes were selected randomly to be reported in the earlier 10 minute periods.

If I were doing it again, I would probably decrease the variance on that a bit. However, it does make things a bit more dramatic and unpredictable, which is not the worst thing if we want this fictional election night to be exciting/suspenseful.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »

Republicans winning in Indiana but losing in Tennessee & Texas would not work in real Time I think.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2018, 12:32:21 PM »

Republicans winning in Indiana but losing in Tennessee & Texas would not work in real Time I think.

That would not be the most plausible given current polls, agreed. Keep in mind, though, that these results are partly random, and I made them 2-3 weeks or so ago, so the information they were based on is a bit out of date now. And also keep in mind that all of the results are not in - just because Dems are ahead in TN and TX now doesn't necessarily mean that they will be in "1 hour" or "half an hour" of timeline-time.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2018, 10:04:38 AM »

9:20 PM EST: TOSSUPS IN TENNESSEE AND MISSOURI; BETOMANIA IN TEXAS

Betomania sweeps Texas. Is Texas down with the sickness?

November 6, 2018, 9:20 PM EST: ELECTION NIGHT, CNN Headquarters, Washington D.C.

John King: "In the Senate, Florida is 98% in, and Bill Nelson's lead has shrunk to half a point. He probably has a slight advantage, but this could go either way at this point. And we are getting more and more votes in from Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas, all are starting to get closer to 100% in, and we cannot call any of them yet. In Missouri, Claire McCaskill has clawed her way back, and Josh Hawley's lead has now been cut to just over 1 point, with 88% in. In Tennessee, also a very close race right now. 91% in, and Phil Bredesen's lead has fallen to under 1 point. In Texas, though, Beto O'Rourke has actually managed to expand his lead, it is now up to 15 points. However, there are still a lot of rural votes out, where Ted Cruz is likely to do well and make up at least some of that deficit."

Wolf Blitzer: "Could this be the year that Democrats win Texas? Democrats claim that Betomania is sweeping Texas, but Texas has been a solidly Republican state."

John King: "Well, that's the question. And right now it is very much up in the air. In Arizona, by the way, only 15% in, but Martha McSally, the Republican, ahead by 16% so far."

Wolf Blitzer: "And what about Georgia, the Governor's race?"

John King: "We are still at 99% reporting, but a few more precincts came in. Kemp now leads 49.5% to 49.2%. That could shift a bit as the last votes come in, but there is a good chance we could be headed to a runoff."

John King: "And in Maine, we are now able to call the Gubernatorial race for Democrat Janet Mills. As Beto O'Rourke's lead has gone up in Texas, so too Greg Abbot's lead has dropped. 91% in there, and he is down now to a 3 and a half point lead. In New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island the Democrats are holding on to modest leads, while we have now called Tennessee for Republican Bill Lee, and Republican Brian Stitt leads in Oklahoma. Those race are all close to being done reporting."

John King: "Turning to the House, we've had some more races called. GA-12 holding for the Republicans, albeit by an unexpectedly narrow margin. And here is a surprise almost out of nowhere - Democrat Aftab Pureval has beaten Republican Steve Chabot in OH-01. Chabot had a big lead early in the night, but Pureval clawed his way back in the late returns. NC-02 and NC-13 have modest Democratic leads of 6 points and 4 points, but not called yet - 92% and 95% reporting in those. OH-14, still very close, about a 1 point Democratic lead with 92% in now. And WV-03 is 99% in, and is a real cliffhanger. Republican Carol Miller has pulled barely ahead of Richard Ojeda, 50.3% to 49.7%."

John King: "We also just got a call on NJ-07 - a Democratic pickup, incumbent Leanard Lance going down there. NH-01, a Democratic hold. PA-07, called for Democrat Susan Wild picking up that Republican open seat. It seems like the rate of Democratic seat gains in the House getting called is starting to go up as compared to a little earlier, with final results from a greater variety of states now coming in."
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »

9:20 PM EST: TOSSUP IN TENNESSEE; BETOMANIA IN TEXAS (CONTINUED)

[/quote]
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »

9:20 PM EST: TOSSUP IN TENNESSEE; BETOMANIA IN TEXAS (CONTINUED)

Governorships called: 4 D --- 9 R

[/quote]
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2018, 12:18:31 PM »

9:30 PM EST: GA-GOV, MD-GOV CALLED, 8 DEMOCRATIC HOUSE PICKUPS IN NC, NJ, AND PA

Stacey Abrams speaks to supporters as the Georgia Gubernatorial Race is called

November 6, 2018, 9:30 PM EST: ELECTION NIGHT, CNN Headquarters, Washington D.C.

John King: "We are getting more votes in on these senate races, but not enough to call any more major races yet. Votes are continuing to trickle in in Florida, and Bill Nelson is up very slightly, 49.3%-49.0% with 99% reporting. In Missouri, it remains a tight race with 93% in, Josh hawley up by a point and a half now. In Tennessee, Republican Marsha Blackburn has now taken a lead of just over a point, with 96% reporting. And in Texas, we've gone up to 88% reporting, and Ted Cruz has cut Beto O'Rourke's lead to under 1% after a lot of deep red rural counties have finally come in - small counties, but Ted Cruz winning upward of 90% of the vote in some of them. Both Tennessee and Texas, races where the Democrats were leading early, are seeming to shift in favor of the Republicans as these late returns come in - at least so far."

John King: "In the Governor's race, we do have some more calls. With 100% in, Stacey Abrams leads 49.4% to 49.3% in Georgia. We are calling it for Abrams as the apparent winner, but it looks like this race will go to a runoff. And in Maryland, with 95% in we are now ready to call the race for Republican incumbent Larry Hogan, holding off a challenge from Ben Jealous by 11% now."

John King: "In the House races, some more Democratic pickups coming in - NC-02, NC-13, NJ-02, NJ-03, NJ-05, PA-06, PA-08, and PA-17 have all just been called for the Democrats in the past few minutes. That is 8 pickups right there, a considerable portion of what Democrats need to re-take a majority in the House in just the span of a few minutes. Currently in seats that we have called, Democrats are leading 147 to 124 in the House, but there are a lot of votes still to count, and states with polls still open in the West."

Anderson Cooper: "And we are going to go to our panel for some analysis. How is this looking to you now?"

Republican Strategist: "You know, I think we are starting to see what Karl Rove said earlier is bearing out. The election is following a dual track. True, those 8 pickups for the Democrats are big gains for them, and it looks now pretty clear like they will win a majority in the House. It's just a question of how large. However, the Senate races are continuing to look very different. Tennessee and Texas seem to be turning now more in a Republican direction. And while Claire McCaskill has closed the gap by a lot in Missouri, Josh Hawley still leads, and almost all the vote is in now. If Republicans can win at least 2 out of 3 of those states, that pretty much shuts down any Democratic hopes of taking the Senate, and not only do I think we will hold our majority, but I think Republicans will gain a seat or two once we get results from North Dakota and Montana, two very deep red states."

Democratic Strategist: "I have to say that I agree with the general point - we are seeing a much closer race in the Senate than in the House. I would maybe characterize it a bit differently, though. Yes, it looks like Democrats are going to pick up the House, and that is huge. With that, we can finally put a check and balance on President Trump. I would still not be quite so pessimistic as Karl Rove wants us to be about the Senate, though. Although Tennessee and Texas have narrowed, we could still win either or both of them. The exit poll in Arizona looked great, and I am confident from what I am hearing on the ground that Democrats will pick up Nevada as well. So the Senate is still very much in play. It is tougher than the House, no question, but the idea of a Republican wave in the Senate is overblown. Democrats are up by 12.5 points in the Senate popular vote right now, even with this very Republican-favored Senate map, and that is even before we have anything from California. And Democrats are up 9.2% in the House popular vote, and we are going to pick up some more seats and take the majority. This election is a massive Democratic wave, and a major repudiation of President Trump by the voters. Take a look at the House popular vote, Democrats have be gaining all night:"

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »

9:30 PM EST: GA-GOV, MD-GOV CALLED, 8 DEMOCRATIC HOUSE PICKUPS IN NC, NJ, AND PA (CONTINUED)

[/quote]
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2018, 12:22:26 PM »

9:30 PM EST: GA-GOV, MD-GOV CALLED, 8 DEMOCRATIC HOUSE PICKUPS IN NC, NJ, AND PA (CONTINUED)

Governorships called: 5 D --- 10 R

[/quote]
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2018, 12:46:16 PM »

UGGGG NOT THIS AGAIN

Hoping the Dem Senate candidates can pull it off...
Junior Chimp

« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2018, 01:13:08 PM »

With each and every minute passed this Night is getting even more suspensful.

I agree with the General Consensus though: The Democrats will take the House but a decent margin.
The Senate though has tilted a bit in the Republicans Favour.

FL-SEN (99% in)
Nelson (D) up by 17,920 Votes....49.3 to 49.0
My guess is that he needs to add another 15K net gain to get this out of the Automatic Recount Range under FL State Law

MO-SEN (93% in)
Hawley (R) up by 25,840 Votes
I would say McCaskill has still a shot to win this if there are enough Votes out St. Louis & Kansas City which trend to come in last. We don't know that though for sure!

TN-SEN (96% in)
Blackburn (R) up by 18,534 Votes
Ditto for Bredesen here too as we don't know where the last 4% of the Vote is coming from.

TX-SEN (88% in)
O'Rourke (D) up 30,570 Votes
Republicans should feel more comfortable here although the Democrat is leading. In TX Urban Vote comes in earlier than Rural Vote so if this trend continues Cruz should squeak this out.

AZ-SEN
Waaay too early to call.

Now to the real surprises of the Night, the Governor Races. The Late Polls expected Democrats to run the Table and they have picked up IL, FL, MI and ME.

That being said in CT Lamont is in a Dogfight against an underfunded Republican Opponent. Maybe Governor Dan Malloys bad Approvals are hurting Lamont?
In RI the current Governor Raimondo is down to her 2014 Opponent Allan Fung. That is a surprise with 87% in. In TX Abbott is leading but by a very underwhelming margin. The signs in Oklahoma are good as well as in WI, AZ and KS although it's too early to draw to any conclusions. It looks like Republicans will retain New Hampshire as Sununu is up over 30K with 96% in.

And in GA this will go to a Runoff where Adams is the decided Underdog.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »

From panic to cautious optimism about the House, and frustration in the Senate. If one of the 3 (Bredesen, Claire, Beto) can win, I'll be happy.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »

9:40 PM EST: RECOUNT IN FLORIDA: THE GHOST OF 2000; TN-SEN CALLED

The Florida Senate race is headed to a recount, stirring up old memories

November 6, 2018, 9:40 PM EST: ELECTION NIGHT, CNN Headquarters, Washington D.C.

John King: "And we've just got word... Wolf..."

Wolf Blitzer: "With 100% of the vote in, we have a very important projection. CNN is now ready to project that Bill Nelson, the Democrat, is the apparent winner of the Senate race in Florida. However, the margin is narrow enough - 49.3% to 49.0%, that an automatic recount will be triggered."

John King: "Oh my. Well, this will be interesting. Now, we should note that although the vote is 100% in, that is with rounding. There are a handful of precincts still out that will trickle in, but not enough to change the winner - at least on election night. Let's look at the vote margin. 3,563,636 for Nelson to 3,537,100 for Scott. That's a margin, at least right now, of 26,536 votes. That is not much out of more than 7 million votes, but it is much larger than the margin in the Florida Presidential race back in 2000."

Wolf Blitzer: "Thank you John, but it is possible that margin could be made up, we will have to wait and see. And an interesting thing here, Rick Scott is also the Governor of Florida. Ken Detzner, the Secretary of State in Florida, also is a Republican. Since Rick Scott is a candidate, there is some question as to whether he should or will recuse himself from any involvement in the recount."

John King: "Yes, indeed, Wolf. I guess after the night is done, we will have to see how things go, but the eyes of the nation will be once again on Florida - and perhaps also Indiana, for recounts of these key Senate races."

John King: "Checking on those other races, we've got another 2% of the vote in in Missouri, and Josh Hawley's lead is holding steady, 50.3%-48.8% with 95% in. And... What's that? Wolf..."

Wolf Blitzer: "And we are now ready to make another key projection, this time in Tennessee. Marsha Blackburn, the Republican, is the winner of the Senate race in Tennessee. A big Republican hold there in Tennessee."

John King: "Yes, 98% of the vote in there now, and Blackburn is up by 3 points, and so that was enough to call the race. That is a big hold for Republicans. So far, on net, the Republicans have gained 1 seat in Indiana. In Texas, there is a delay in reporting more votes, but in Arizona we are now up to 49% reporting, and Republican Martha McSally has a lead of about 6 points. Still a long ways to go there, though. In Wisconsin and Minnesota, still not much in yet, but Repubblicans are up so far in Wisconsin, Democrats up in Minnesota."

John King: "In the Gubernatorial races, in Connecticutt Democrat Ned Lamont is now leading 52-47, with 94% reporting. It had just recently been closer, but Lamont has come into a fairly solid lead now. And we've got two other races to call, both for the Republicans - Chris Sununu wins in New Hampshire, and Greg Abbott wins in Texas."

John King: "And in the House, we've got a few updates. In OH-14, Republican incumbent David Joyce is down again, 48.4%-47.8% with 99% in. We are not ready to call it yet, but he looks to be in serious trouble."

John King: "And in WV-03, what an incredibly close race that is. Republican Carol Miller beating Richard Ojeda 50.1% to 49.9% with 100% of the vote in. It is possible there might be a recount there. But pending that, this was a district that voted for Trump by 50 points. Ojeda came so close, but it appears that was just a bit too much for him to surmount."

John King: "Some other Democratic pickups we have just called - IL-06 and NJ-11. Republican incumbent Ann Wagner is trailing in MO-02, 49.5%-47.2% - apparently strong performance by Claire McCaskill in this St. Louis suburbs district and also in St. Louis proper is partly what has helped her to keep the Senate race close after Josh Hawley ran so strongly early in rural areas. In Michigan, Democrats are leading now in MI-06, MI-08, and MI-11. MI-03 and MI-07 are also close, but currently Republican incumbents lead in those districts."

John King: "PA-10 is very close with 97% in - a Democratic lead of 50.3%-49.7% right now. And a big Republican hold - TX-23, 95% in there and we're calling it for Republican incumbent Will Hurd, who is ahead 50.6%-46.8%. This is a heavily Hispanic district on the border with Mexico. Apparently despite how well Beto O'Rourke has been doing, it was not enough to pull Gina Ortiz-Jones over the finish line. However, there are some other interesting races in Texas. Democrats lead in TX-07, TX-24, and TX-32, but we cannot call any of those yet. TX-21 is extremely close, 49.1%-49.1% right now, and TX-31 is also a 48.0%-47.9% race right now."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies