Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:03:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 318959 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 02:55:24 PM »

I presume this means the earlier bills are withdrawn.  If you could, please modify the original posts on this fact so that I won't accidentally bring them forward.  Thanks.

Also, I want to be co-sponsor of you Withdrawal Amendment to the OSPR, if you are so inclined.  Thanks.

I deleted them and yes you can co-sponsor (and anyone for that matter) anyone of my bills
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 06:48:27 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2007, 01:25:19 PM by The 24 DuPont Chevrolet »

Atlasian Flag Burning Amendment

1.) Burning of the flag of Atlasia shall become a prosecutable offense
2.) Individual states may introduce their own penalties which cannot be less than a $500 fine and cannot exceed 10 years in prison
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 12:03:21 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2007, 09:06:31 AM by 24 DuPont Chevrolet »

Hybrid Car Tax Break

Section 1:
a.) This bill is aimed to stimulate the purchases of hybrid and alternative fuel source cars and their use
b.) To qualify the car cannot run solely on petroleum gasoline, but may be a hybrid running on petroleum gasoline and another fuel source
c.) To qualify you must also continue to own the car, selling or donating your car will invalidate you to further tax breaks

Section 2:
The following tax breaks will be issued for purchasing a hybrid car:
1st Fiscal Year (referred to as FY) of ownership: 50% of price paid for the car
2nd FY of ownership: a value equal to 25% of price paid for the car
3rd FY of ownership: a value equal to 20% of price paid for the car
4th FY of ownership: a value equal to 15% of price paid for the car
5th FY of ownership: a value equal to 10% of price paid for the car
6+ FY of ownership: a value equal to 8% of price paid for the car

Section 3:
This law shall apply to federal income taxes only

Section 4:
This bill shall expire in 2025.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 03:16:59 PM »

In response to Al's ridiculous bill,a slightly more serious yet not too serious one:

Abolishment of Unions Bill

1. The formation of a workers union for the purpose of collective bargaining or any other workplace improvement is prohibited
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2007, 07:45:12 AM by 24 DuPont Chevrolet »

Fairness to the Children Act

1. F.L. 13-14 is hereby repealed

EDITED to show correct legislation
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »

I introduce the following bill on behalf o Mr. Ernest, I am unwilling to state whether I am for or against it at this time:

OPSR Courtesy Resolution

1. Article 3 Section 2 Clause 1 of the OPSR is amended by inserting before the period, ", subject to such limitations on available debate slots contained in this section".

2. Article 3 Section 2 of the OPSR is amended by adding the following as Clause 7:
"7. Notwithstanding Clause 1 of this Section, unless no other bills are available for debate, a Senator may not be the sponsor of more than two pieces of legislation that are on the floor at any one time."
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 08:06:46 AM »

In response to Al's ridiculous bill,a slightly more serious yet not too serious one:

Abolishment of Unions Bill

1. The formation of a workers union for the purpose of collective bargaining or any other workplace improvement is prohibited

The bill is deemed in direct conflict with Article I, Section VI, Clause 10 and is thus removed from the Senate floor as unconstitutional.

Challenges to this ruling may be made per the rules in Article 3, Section 1, Clause 4 of the Senate Rules.

I also ask that Al's bill establishing an official language for Bergen County, NJ to be struck as either frivolous or unconstitutional, take your pick.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 07:19:52 PM »

It would seem that in the time that I was away I missed the chance to hurl one of my favourite insults at a certain dolt here.

Oh well...

I also ask that Al's bill establishing an official language for Bergen County, NJ to be struck as either frivolous or unconstitutional, take your pick.

Rhaid cymryd y gwrthwynebiadau o ddifri.

(Ond... Cymru am byth!)
Wow, you are more obnoxious and moronoic than I originally thought
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 07:44:17 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2007, 11:09:57 AM by 24 DuPont Chevrolet »

Decriminalization of LSD Bill

Section 1: Applicability
1. This law shall remove all federal restrictions on LSD in addition to legalization in Nyman and other federal territories which do not form a region.
2. The Regions of Atlasia shall be free to legalize and regulate LSD in any manner which they may choose.

Section 2: In Regards to the Legal Status of LSD
1. The possession and consumption of LSD (also known as lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD-25, or "acid"), a non-addictive semisynthetic psychedelic drug, shall be lawful for anyone who is 18 years or older.
2. This law shall not be interpreted as to decriminalize driving under the influence of LSD.

Section 3: Taxation
1. Taxes on LSD will be 30%.  Individual regions may set their own taxes on LSD as they see fit in addition to the federal tax which shall not exceed 20%.
2. Federal revenue raised from taxes on LSD and marijuana will be split evenly among the following two funds:
a.) 50% to a federally funded needle exchange program
         1.) The needles shall be available at areas designated by the region in which they are contained
         2.) Distribution centers shall be no farther than one hundred (100) miles apart
b.) 50% to public transportation and roadways to split among
         -25% Interstate highway repair
         -25% Bridge and infrastructure repair
3. Regional revenue generated from sales of LSD shall be used however the region deems necessary by a vote of the people upon voting for legalization
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »

I would like to object to the reintroduction of three defeated bills in slightly different form as being frivolous.
Considering the objection and recommendation of the president concerning my bill in his veto was to fix up the taxation section, resubmitting this bill that passed is far from frivolous.  As for Ebowed I do not know why he did that.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 12:51:53 PM »

I would like to object to the reintroduction of three defeated bills in slightly different form as being frivolous.
Considering the objection and recommendation of the president concerning my bill in his veto was to fix up the taxation section, resubmitting this bill that passed is far from frivolous.  As for Ebowed I do not know why he did that.

It was still defeated. If it wasn't defeated you wouldn't be re-introducing it.

Can't you at least wait until the next Senate? Not that you'll be in it, but I'm sure that whoever defeats you will be happy to introduce bills written by their constituents.
My bill was passed, please read more carefully.  The president and others recommended I clean up the tax section and reintroduce it, that is exactly what I did.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 12:36:26 PM »

Immigration Reform Bill:

1. All illegal immigrants who wish to become residences of this country will be able to do so in an easy process. The immigrants shall notify the Atlasian government at least four months before coming into the country. The atlasian government will look at the person's background, including criminal record and other records. The government will send a notification back to the upcoming immigrant saying if he has been accepted or turned down by the government to come into the country.

2. Two months before coming into the country, the upcoming immigrant will send forms to the Atlasian government to both apply for a drivers license and for health care. Once the upcoming immigrant is given the health care and drivers license for Atlasia, then he must wait two more months before coming into the country.

3. After the two month period, the immigrant will be allowed into the country. The immigrant must report to the state government within thirty days for notification that the immigrant is now a citizen of Atlasia.

This bill, if passed,  will make the immigration system better. It will allow the immigrant to come into the country already having health care, a drivers license, and admission to become an Atlasian citizen.
Only senators can introduce bills, which you are not.  Again, even if Duke doesn't go back on this joke, you can't take the oath of office until 4:00 CDT today

BTW, this bill makes no sense.  I've written some bad bills, but this is the biggest joke to ever come across the senate

Also BTW, as to the wording in Sec. 1, if the immigrant hasn't entered the country, how are they an immigrant, let alone an illegal one
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 01:42:33 PM »

Immigration Reform Bill:

1. All illegal immigrants who wish to become residences of this country will be able to do so in an easy process. The immigrants shall notify the Atlasian government at least four months before coming into the country. The atlasian government will look at the person's background, including criminal record and other records. The government will send a notification back to the upcoming immigrant saying if he has been accepted or turned down by the government to come into the country.

2. Two months before coming into the country, the upcoming immigrant will send forms to the Atlasian government to both apply for a drivers license and for health care. Once the upcoming immigrant is given the health care and drivers license for Atlasia, then he must wait two more months before coming into the country.

3. After the two month period, the immigrant will be allowed into the country. The immigrant must report to the state government within thirty days for notification that the immigrant is now a citizen of Atlasia.

This bill, if passed,  will make the immigration system better. It will allow the immigrant to come into the country already having health care, a drivers license, and admission to become an Atlasian citizen.
Only senators can introduce bills, which you are not.  Again, even if Duke doesn't go back on this joke, you can't take the oath of office until 4:00 CDT today

BTW, this bill makes no sense.  I've written some bad bills, but this is the biggest joke to ever come across the senate

Also BTW, as to the wording in Sec. 1, if the immigrant hasn't entered the country, how are they an immigrant, let alone an illegal one
I was not told about the time delay on when I can take the oath of office. If it will work things out, I will take the oath of office again at or a little after 4:00 pm today.

You have no right to call my legislation a joke legislation.
Gporter, isn't it naptime yet at the pre-k?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 02:06:44 PM »

DAMN BURNED!!! LOL

Anyway, at least you'll never actually be a senator
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »

As promised...

Legalization of Heroin Bill

Section 1: Findings
1. Heroin is a white, crystalline, narcotic powder, C21H23NO5, derived from morphine, formerly used as an analgesic and sedative.
2. The pharmaceutical price of heroin is only 5% of the average street price of heroin.

Section 2: Applicability
1. This law shall remove all federal restrictions on heroin in addition to legalization in Nyman and other federal territories which do not form a region.
2. The Regions of Atlasia shall be free to legalize and regulate heroin in any manner which they may choose.

Section 3: In Regards to the Legal Status of Heroin
1. The possession and consumption of heroin shall be legal.
2. This law shall not be interpreted as to decriminalize driving under the influence of heroin.
3. Penalties for driving under the influence of heroin shall be the same as those for driving under the influence of alcohol and other substances.

Section 4: Taxation
1. Taxes on heroin will be 30% per gram.  Individual regions may set their own taxes on heroin as they see fit in addition to the federal tax which shall not exceed 20%.
2. Federal revenue raised from taxes on heroin shall be spent as follows:
   a.) 50% to a newly created National Opiate Addiction Help Center
   b.) 25% to funding for the needle exchange program created by the Atlasian Policy Regarding HIV/AIDS
   c.) 25% to improvements to federal interstate highways
3. Regional revenue generated from sales of heroin shall be used however the region deems necessary by a vote of the people upon voting for legalization.
4. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall not be funded by any other taxes.
5. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall focus on treatment options not involving methodone

Section 5: Purchases
1. Heroin shall be available at any licensed pharmacies.
2. Heroin shall not require a prescription but will kept behind the counter under all circumstances.
3. Individuals not in possession of the proper licenses shall still be prohibited from selling heroin.

Section 6: Age Restrictions
1. No one under the age of 18 shall be allowed to purchase heroin
2. Any pharmacist selling heroin to a person under the age of 18 shall be subject to any of the following:
   a.) a fine not to exceed $100,000
   b.) 30 days in a regional prison
   c.) a suspension or revokal of license
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 08:01:10 PM »

For Xahar:

Please introduce:

United Nations Reform Act

Section 1: Findings
   1. The current structure of the United Nations is unfair and gives excessive power to the major Allies of World War II and to very small states.
   2. Reform of the system in use by the United Nations is necessary for it to fulfill its envisioned role.

Section 2: Requirements for a Fair United Nations
   1. The United Nations Security Council and General Assembly shall be abolished.
   2. A Parliamentary Assembly, either elected or appointed, shall replace the Security Council and General Assembly.
   3. Seats in the Parliamentary Assembly shall be apportioned by one of the following methods: Schwarzenberg's weighted voting, Provisional People's Assembly Method, one person, one vote, or the Penrose method.
   4. No nation shall have veto power over any decision reached by the Parliamentary Assembly.
   5. The Secretary-General shall be chosen by a vote of the Parliamentary Assembly.

Section 3: Implementation
   1. Atlasia shall not give any funds to the United Nations.
   2. The Atlasian representative must use his power of veto to block all UN business.
   3. Clauses 1 and 2 of this section shall be rendered null and void upon the issuance of an Executive Order countersigned by the Secretary of External affairs certifying that the organization of the United Nations is within the letter and spirit of this law.
   4. After the process described in Clause 3 of this section renders Clauses 1 and 2 of this section null and void, they may be reinstated upon the issuance of an Executive Order countersigned by the Secretary of External affairs certifying that the organization of the United Nations is no longer within the letter and spirit of this law.

Gasoline Consumer Protection Act

1. All prices for gasoline displayed at gas stations must be rounded up to the nearest cent.
   2. If a station is found noncompliant, the company operating the station shall be fined 10% of the earnings at that station during the period of noncompliance.

These two are still waiting.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 08:07:47 PM »

After careful thought, I will withdraw the UN Reform Bill, if Xahar wishes to make another bill that talks solely about Atlasia's role in the United Nations, then I would be more than willing to re-introduce
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2008, 04:27:39 PM »

Old idea I introduced, I forget what happened to it but it didn't pass:

Fairness to the Voter Amendment II

Section 1:
1. To change Article V, Section 2, Part IV of the constitution from reading ...tenth day before the election to ... fifth day before the election
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »

Introduced on behalf of El Presidente:

Amended Mass Transit Infrastructure Investment Act of 2008

Whereas the revenue expected from the FY 2009 component ($5 per metric tonne of a total $10 per metric tonne tax) of the domestic Carbon Tax is expected to be an estimated $30 billion, and;

Whereas the Atlasian Senate finds that this environmental-based impact fee is best spent through investment in new mass transit options and research into alternative energy,

Therefore be it resolved that:

1. Funding Allocation. Atlasia shall dedicate 50% of the FY2009 carbon tax component ($2.5 per metric tonne or $15 billion in total), as a one time grant towards the new construction, upgrade, and maintenance of mass transit options.

2. Funding Distribution. Said funds shall be apportioned across the regions according to logistics, population, need, cost effectiveness, and potential to reduce carbon emissions.  Funds shall be distributed in accordance with recommendations from the Department of Transportation.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 09:22:02 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2008, 04:09:02 PM by Sen. DWTL »

An old withdrawn bill I think needs to be reintroduced:

Free Palestine Bill

Section 1: Immoral Practices
1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns the practice of some Palestinians to cause harm to innocent Israeli citizens
2. The Republic of Atlasia deplores the nation of Israel for using curfews, walls, and other freedom-restricting measures on the Palestinian people.

Section 2: Recognition of Palestine and Israel
3. The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the nation of Palestine as being made up by Gaza Strip and West Bank upon the above terms being met by top Palestinian officials.
4. The Republic of Atlasia hereby calls upon the United Nations, and more specifically Israel to recognize Palestine after the said conditions are met.

Section 3: Failure to Comply
5. If the said conditions are met and Israel still does not recognize Palestine, the Republic of Atlasia will hereby withhold 70% of military aid to Israel and 5% more aid will be witheld for every month Israel does not recognize Palestine.

Section 4: Neutrality
1. Atlasia agrees to remain neutral in conflict between Israel and Iran if Palestinians meet their terms of the agreement
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »

Its a little different, I made it a tad more pro-Palestine.  I don't think it will pass, but I'd love to get some debate going on the issue.  Perhaps a compromise to be worked out.  I'm sure you'll quote your old arguments which still don't really hold much water
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 07:53:24 PM »

Regional Senate Seats Still Exist Act

F.L. 27-3: Proportional Representation (Class A seats) Act is hereby repealed
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2008, 05:23:42 PM by Sen. DWTL »

Time to propose legislation that passed the Dirty South:

One Strike You're Out Act

1.) Any citizen convicted of first degree murder shall automatically receive a minimum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
2.) Any citizen convicted of second degree murder shall automatically receive a minimum sentence of fifteen (15) years in prison
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »

Return to Normal Measures Act

1.) F.L. 23-11 is repealed
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »

Time to propose legislation that passed the Dirty South:

One Strike Your Out Act

1.) Any citizen convicted of first degree murder shall automatically receive a minimum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
2.) Any citizen convicted of second degree murder shall automatically receive a minimum sentence of fifteen (15) years in prison

One Strike Your [You're] Out Act

I will edit the original, my bad copy/paste from the Dirty South Intiative which I spelt wrong too
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies