Should private military contractors be outlawed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:30:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should private military contractors be outlawed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should private military contractors be outlawed?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Should private military contractors be outlawed?  (Read 1297 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« on: August 24, 2009, 12:59:30 PM »
« edited: August 24, 2009, 01:04:18 PM by Einzige »

I love how you're a libertarian, except when you're not, which is most of the time.

No, private military contractors shouldn't be banned outright. Instead, the government ought to be choked off of defense funds so that it can't afford to hire the illiterate murderous scumbags. It literally ought to have a defense budget of nothing. Of course dead0man will object, because principle is principle, except when it's not.

Typical Republican response: "BAW BAW I HATES ME SUM GUBMINT, CEPT WHEN IT EMPLOYS MY UNEDUCATED REDNECK CUZINS BAW, THEN IT'S OKAY IN MY BOOK!"
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 01:07:12 PM »

Hi, I'm a defense contractor!  When my job was "military", it was a 40 man shop, with another 10 -15 "higher ups" running the show.  It cost the DoD a LOT of money.  Now that it's civilian run, it's a 10 man shop with 2 higher ups.  This saves money.  It costs a lot of money to send a guy to school for 10 months, then give him OJT for a year.....especially if he gets out of the military 24 months later.

Civilians are guards at the gate now.  They vacuum the halls at night, cut the grass during the day, fix the expensive stuff when it breaks.

"private military contractors" do a lot of things MUCH cheaper than the govt can, we want to end all that because of what one contractor did during a war?

Uh, how about the fact the PMCs in New Orleans during Katrina confiscated firearms from the population? Or that they were hired to raid medical marijuana clinics under Bush? Not things that I think a libertarian would be very fond of.

Don't worry about it. His entire life's a lie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies