Students mocking Michelle Obama lunch mandate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:35:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Students mocking Michelle Obama lunch mandate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Students mocking Michelle Obama lunch mandate  (Read 4284 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:02:22 PM »

By 2030, about half of America will be obese. States like Mississippi will lead the way with an expected 67% of them being obese. America is already viewed as something of a fat joke and will consider to be viewed that way until something is done. Tell me people whining about government telling them what they can and cannot eat - do you like the United States being viewed as a fat joke? Because those of us overseas consider you to be just that.

I'd much rather have America be considered "a fat joke" than it be a nanny state that prescribes precisely what you can and cannot eat.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2012, 08:27:06 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

By 2030, about half of America will be obese. States like Mississippi will lead the way with an expected 67% of them being obese. America is already viewed as something of a fat joke and will consider to be viewed that way until something is done. Tell me people whining about government telling them what they can and cannot eat - do you like the United States being viewed as a fat joke? Because those of us overseas consider you to be just that.

I'd much rather have America be considered "a fat joke" than it be a nanny state that prescribes precisely what you can and cannot eat.

In the Serengeti, the animals subscribe to a "nanny state" system. The Wilderness gives the antelopes, giraffes, zebras etc a certain amount of grass to eat. The Wilderness that is the Serengeti also gives the lions, cheetahs etc a certain amount of antelope, buffalo etc to eat. This is why the Sarengeti doesn't have any fat f*** animals roaming around. Just think of the school system as The Wilderness and your country won't be the laughingstock of the world.

What the hell is this. I don't even. English? I'm supposed to think of the school system as a jungle or something? So we should give kids a limited amount of food and have them fight over it like the Hunger Games or something? Or, since nature has chosen to gift us with Twinkies, we should all have Twinkies? Please rephrase in a way that approaches some form of logical coherent thought.

Since schools are part of the government, they can set the can guidelines for what is served, since the food is paid for by the government. No one is stopping this kids from eating 4000 calories a day if they choose so, they just won't get served high calorie food at school.

I don't get how people think this is a law that outlaws certain foods, it isn't even close to that.

His specific phrasing gives the impression that he supports the government telling people what they can eat.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2012, 05:34:35 AM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

In the Serengeti, the animals subscribe to a "nanny state" system. The Wilderness gives the antelopes, giraffes, zebras etc a certain amount of grass to eat. The Wilderness that is the Serengeti also gives the lions, cheetahs etc a certain amount of antelope, buffalo etc to eat. This is why the Sarengeti doesn't have any fat f*** animals roaming around. Just think of the school system as The Wilderness and your country won't be the laughingstock of the world.

What the hell is this. I don't even. English? I'm supposed to think of the school system as a jungle or something? So we should give kids a limited amount of food and have them fight over it like the Hunger Games or something? Or, since nature has chosen to gift us with Twinkies, we should all have Twinkies? Please rephrase in a way that approaches some form of logical coherent thought.

Uh, the Sarangeti is NOT a jungle. Do you not know anything about Africa? This is exactly why American schools need to stop giving junk food away at lunches.

I know enough to know that you just misspelled Serengeti. Are you saying that junk food makes people stupid or are you just avoiding the question?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies