Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:28:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 173260 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« on: November 24, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »

I'm 22 and I still haven't "found" myself and don't know what I want to do. When I look towards the future my aspiration seems to be "successful" but what does that mean? I flunked out of a very difficult chemistry class I was taking for my environmental science major, and my grade in the horrible mandatory student success course has dropped from a B (when the class ended) to an F (WTF?). 

I used to think I was very smart but the past few years have proven completely that I am closer to average intelligence, although I'm still confident that I am at least average if not above average and not below average.

Fiscally we're not so hot. We need to sell this house and move to a lower cost one to avoid needing government assistance. This is with three jobs (well two jobs and my new job) and with me refusing to take a full course load out of paranoia of debt.

Politically I can't make heads or tails of myself. I have no political ideology, I just have a collection of opinions, biases, and paranoia. Maybe this is a good thing? Also I think I've gone so long without trusting any primary media sources that I have become uninformed about some recent issues.

Also I lost my earbuds and can't find them anywhere. Angry

I can tolerate the cold fairly well, but I can tell that winter is coming.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:06:50 AM »

Interesting day at work. Boss called a meeting of all employees near the end of the day. Enraged, he demanded that every employee cash their paycheck at one of two specific local banks or be fired. This bizarre restriction only applies to this paycheck, my first at this new place, which is for only a few hours of the time I actually worked. In other words less than the value of the dinner I bought tonight. I'll have to make sure that the money they owe me is added to the next one, hopefully won't be a problem.

I'm saddened that I am once again up at 1AM. Need to get to sleep on time more often. Shouldn't have drank that pepsi.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:09:34 PM »

As for my situation, apparently the reason my boss went crazy yesterday is because he was the victim of a robbery of some sort.

New news is more mundane, I have to find a place that will let me throw out a TV.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 06:42:21 PM »

As for my situation, apparently the reason my boss went crazy yesterday is because he was the victim of a robbery of some sort.

New news is more mundane, I have to find a place that will let me throw out a TV.
Does it still work? If it does, you might be able to donate it?

Probably not if it's an old tube TV.  Not even thrift stores want those around here.

We know a place that will take it for free, as opposed to charging us money for it, but it's 45 minutes aways and only open on days when we both work.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:18:24 PM »

just successfully got appointed to my first two-year term in a technically relevant but highly arbitrary government position

a child
Pretty cool, not surprised that someone like you, a politically minded kid from an upper middle class connected family, would get the position. Congrats! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies