VA-Gov: Bolling out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:06:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov: Bolling out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Gov: Bolling out  (Read 1629 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

Yay, more moderates for us.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:49:14 PM »

really disappointing, Bolling was the only decent one between a couple of sleazebag crooks. Virginia is now going to have a corrupt and sleazy governor for sure, both are ideological windbags.
McAuliffe isn't in the slightest ideological. He's just an ex-DNC chair who happens to be infatuated with Bill Clinton. He's also corporatist, as the person above me said, because he's fairly rich himself. Strikes me as centrist and just your average Clintonite.

Cuccinelli on the other hand... he rules by ideology alone. Democrats had a big opportunity here to launch a rising star, and instead we put a generic D in the spotlight.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:48 PM »

really disappointing, Bolling was the only decent one between a couple of sleazebag crooks. Virginia is now going to have a corrupt and sleazy governor for sure, both are ideological windbags.
McAuliffe isn't in the slightest ideological. He's just an ex-DNC chair who happens to be infatuated with Bill Clinton. He's also corporatist, as the person above me said, because he's fairly rich himself. Strikes me as centrist and just your average Clintonite.

Cuccinelli on the other hand... he rules by ideology alone. Democrats had a big opportunity here to launch a rising star, and instead we put a generic D in the spotlight.

Is there a better candidate in Virginia?
My preferred candidate (Tom Perriello) already declined.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:26 AM »

Ah, beat me by 2 seconds. I agree Perriello would have been better.
Aneesh Chopra sounds VERY appealing as a Lt. Gov candidate. He's progressive, an ex-CTO, and ex-Secretary of Technology. You have any thoughts on him?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies