Crow I eat it. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:46:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Crow I eat it. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crow I eat it.  (Read 7397 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 08, 2012, 05:52:06 AM »

With President Obama winning Florida, my prediction that President Obama would not win between 308 and 357 electoral votes because since 1900 no President had won anything between 57.1% (Truman, 1948) and 65.3% of the electoral vote. Results in that range were common in the 19th century, but not afterward... until 2012.

Close elections were likely to stay close. Losers in blowout elections usually gave up for all practical purposes. In the middle ground, where the nominee clearly behind saw something like 60% of the electoral vote going against him, the one behind ordinarily took chances that would either make the election close or create a blowout.   2008 exemplifies that when John McCain tried to force Pennsylvania as a solution while ignoring a bunch of states that he had to win in addition to Pennsylvania. Most of the states that he ignored ended up going to Barack Obama.   

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies