Ben Meyers :: Proud to be a Dixie Unionist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:37:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ben Meyers :: Proud to be a Dixie Unionist
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Meyers :: Proud to be a Dixie Unionist  (Read 378 times)
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2005, 09:10:18 PM »

Hey everyone Smiley

Today, I'd like to talk about something that is very important for many Southeasterners, including myself. 

The Southeast is sometimes referred to as the Dixie, a nickname which we have taken in with pride and honor.  The Dixie is a distinct, unique region of the country.

The Dixie represents everything about this nation.  It represents the big cities such as Atlanta.  It represents tropical, relaxing, coastal life in places such as Savanna and Myrtle Beach.  Yet, one of the main things we in the Dixie can be proud of is our region's tendency to hold a part of the past in today's world.

In Savanna, it is not uncommon to see horses and carriages traveling the cobblestone streets.  In the rural Dixie, it is not uncommon to see wooden houses and traditional family farms.  We of the Dixie can be proud to say that our region maintains the traditions of the past, while moving on to the future.

I, for one, believe that it will be one of my duties as a Senator to preserve our distinct Dixie culture.  We are proud to be in the Dixie.  I have grown up in the Dixie all my life, and I will always stand up for our own culture.

So, my friends, I make a promise to you here and now, that as Senator, I will make all of us Southeasterners forever proud of our Dixie heritage.

Thank you very much Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:33:02 PM »

What is your view on the attempts by some Dixie Unionists to try and claim Virginia for the Southeast?  Will you try and continue these attempts?
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:41:07 PM »

Thanks for asking Smiley

Virginia is an interesting state.  It has a Dixie heart, but it has very much adjusted to being a Mid Atlantic state, somewhat separated from the current heart of the Dixie.

Personally, I would like to see Virginia as part of the Southeast, but it's not my decision.  I say, let the people of Virginia decide.  I'm not from Virginia.  I don't live in Virginia.  I don't know if Virginians want to be part of the Southeast or Mideast.  So, I support letting the people of Virginia decide which region their state is in.

Thanks again for the question Smiley
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 03:40:21 PM »

good speech
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix