Election night, six months later (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:18:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Election night, six months later (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Going into Election Night, who did you think would win? (and who did you support)?
Clinton (Clinton supporter)

Clinton (Trump supporter)

Clinton (other supporter)

Trump (Clinton supporter)

Trump (Trump supporter)

Trump (other supporter)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 177

Author Topic: Election night, six months later  (Read 12433 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: May 15, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »

For note I do not think this election ended well but it was no 1980 for Democrats. The winning party lost the popular vote and is in possession of a fragile coalition that isn't united and constantly wars. This may actually disturb both the left and right because if an actual crisis hits the GOP coalition and Trump are not politically equipped to handle it well. 

I think basically everyone really lost out in 2016. The GOP didn't fix their problems and inherited the nation's problems and a undisciplined rookie president while the Democrats flat out lost. Trump is so undisciplined that his legacy is at risk and I don't see him learning fast enough on the job. Meanwhile of course the Democrats are shut out of power. The Congressional Republicans are saddled with Trump.

The long run suggests the Democrats may be the beneficiaries. They don't have to deal with the problems facing the country and they can oppose freely. They also now have the freedom to retool their ideology.

The biggest loser in the election was stability and the ability to govern the nation by anyone. But in my cynical view… that was coming anyway.

So yeah 2016 wasn't great. But had Hillary won it would've been only marginally better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies