Who will be the Republican running mate in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:51:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will be the Republican running mate in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will be the Republican running mate in 2016?
Gov Brian Sandoval

Gov Nikki Haley

Sen Cory Gardner

Sen Joni Ernst

Bush or Rubio

Cruz or Trump

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Who will be the Republican running mate in 2016?  (Read 5616 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 26, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »

If I had to pick one, I'd say Cory Gardner. I think he could make sense for basically all of the candidates as a young white (I doubt we'll see a ticket of two non-whites) Senator from a swing state who probably hasn't alienated any group in the GOP.

I doubt the GOP will have a pro-choice running mate (Sandoval).
Colorado has a Democratic governor, no chance.
I remind you that Colorado doesn't have any major Democrats who could be appointed. Also:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Senate

I think Michael Hancock might get confirmed. If he wants an easy one to pass: Happy Haynes, Bill Ritter, and Cary Kennedy would be okay.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »

Rubio/Kasich is the most likely ticket at this point. They are already acting as a ticket. Marco Rubio is trying to unite the party to vote for him while John Kasich is playing the attack dog trying to reach out to independents as well as Republicans. Rubio is from Florida, Kasich from Ohio. Rubio is 44 years old, Kasich is 63 years old. Rubio has spent his career as a legislator and attorney, Kasich spent time not only in congress but as an executive and a businessman.
I thought you hated Kasich and called him a liberal RINO.
I don't let my personal views interfere with my analysis. I like John Kasich, though I have a big issue with him accepting the Obamacare medicaid expansion and he is too quick to support corporate welfare. But overall, I like him.
Like in the debate?

Would you have voted for the bailouts?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies