Greek election - January 25th 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:42:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greek election - January 25th 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greek election - January 25th 2015  (Read 94970 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: January 07, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »

Does Greece still have that 2-week ban on poll-publishing before an election ?

If yes, the last polls should be out by Sunday.

Yes.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »

A fitting ending to the political career of an ulntra-conservative charlatan.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 05:48:04 AM »

Phil, I seriously doubt that.

The chances right now that SYRIZA wins in a landslide (8%+ or 10%+) tomorrow are higher than ND winning.

Phil is trolling of course. Even the most die-hard fans of ND accepted their fate a week ago.
The real question is whether SYRIZA will obtain an absolute majority of seats or not.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 06:04:27 AM »

So where exactly are the similarities between Syriza and ANEL other than that they disapprove of the troika? This almost feels like a coalition between the Left Party and AfD here in Germany.

Nowhere. ANEL is a far-right party: anti-immigrant, anti-semitic, pro-church and very much pro-law-and-order.
It will be a travesty of a government that won't last long, for better or worse.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:11 AM »

So where exactly are the similarities between Syriza and ANEL other than that they disapprove of the troika? This almost feels like a coalition between the Left Party and AfD here in Germany.

Nowhere. ANEL is a far-right party: anti-immigrant, anti-semitic, pro-church and very much pro-law-and-order.
It will be a travesty of a government that won't last long, for better or worse.

Who did you vote for px?

Kinima. But of course Papandreou is much too sane and serious for a joke country like Greece.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 06:21:32 AM »

Who did you vote for px?

Kinima. But of course Papandreou is much too sane and serious for a joke country like Greece.

1) Do you think Syriza would have chosen Kinima if they had gotten in? (I doubt it, but curious)

2) What do you think happens after this government collapses?

1)No. The Left here in Greece have a visceral hate for Papandreou, just like they had for his father and grandfather. Much more for George whom they consider responsible for the bankruptcy and the subsequent austerity.

2)Only God knows. Unfortunately, I think things will get worse before they get better. Unless of course Tsipras or Merkel surprise us pleasantly.

One more question px, what is up with EK almost polling 2%? My understanding is that it's the personal vehicle of a Moderate Hero perennial candidate who was a PASOK MP like thirty years ago. Was there a high profile campaign or something?

He is not a moderate hero, he is a joke candidate, a man with clear mental issues. People voted for him as a protest for/to our political system.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 07:01:32 AM »

If you see any bookies offering bets on Syriza defections within the first six months let me know.

It's the surest bet you can take. Let's see first whom he proposes for President.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 12:39:05 PM »

So I wonder if this means SYRIZA won't pass gay marriage. Though they still could with Potami and PASOK support. Actually I wonder how KKE would vote on that, would be interesting.

Gay marriage would be impossible with Anel. It would just be too big a humiliation for them.

Gay marriage would have been impossible anyway. We just aren't there yet as a people.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 03:28:02 AM »

Landslide, is there a reason why the Centrists did better in Macedonia and especially in Thessaloniki?

Also, can you tell us a little bit about Teleia?

If by Centrists you mean Leventis then there is the rumor that the local bosses of ND, who despise Samaras, encouraged their voters to vote for Leventis just to embarrass the former Prime Minister.

Teleia is another joke party, a vanity project founded by a former actor and current mayor of a small town. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 03:28:26 PM »

I read on the Guardian that there are 39 members in the new Tsipras cabinet. Is it common for the Greek cabinets to be so big?

Yes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies