Odds of Michael Bloomberg Running for President 'Very, Very Low,' Source Says
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:39:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Odds of Michael Bloomberg Running for President 'Very, Very Low,' Source Says
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Odds of Michael Bloomberg Running for President 'Very, Very Low,' Source Says  (Read 339 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2016, 07:44:26 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/odds-michael-bloomberg-running-low-source/story?id=37310066

Bloomberg probably won't run for POTUS.

This is because Hillary will most likely win the Democratic nomination. Back when Hillary and Sanders were about even, Bloomberg stated that his chances of running were "50-50". He obviously won't run if the election is between Hillary and Trump (because Bloomberg and Hillary are mostly similar politically). He stated that he'd only run if the Trump/Cruz won on the GOP side and Sanders won on the Democratic side.

This is wonderful news IMO. I like Bloomberg a lot, but Trump would win easily if he ran. That would be awful for America. I want Hillary to win, and that probably wouldn't happen if Bloomberg were to run.

RR1997
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:48:23 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2016, 08:01:06 AM by RR1997 »

It wouldn't have mattered or impacted the outcome of the election anyway.

Bloomberg would get around 3%-5% of the vote (and wouldn't even come close to winning a state), which is enough for Trump to win. This is good news, even though I like Bloomberg a lot.

Sanders will obviously not win the Democratic primary, and Bloomberg said that he'd run only if Sanders and Trump/Cruz won their respective primaries. This shouldn't surprise anyone. Bloomberg will most likely not run.

Most polls have also shown that Bloomberg would get 10%-25%, and he hasn't even spent billions campaigning yet. I think this is because third party candidates always overperform in the polls. He'd only get 3%-5% of the vote.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 07:51:04 AM »

It wouldn't have mattered or impacted the outcome of the election anyway.

Bloomberg would get around 3%-5% of the vote (and wouldn't even come close to winning a state), which is enough for Trump to win. This is good news, even though I like Bloomberg a lot.

Wait a minute! What is good about it? If Bloomberg's run would secure a win for TRUMP, then it would be better if he ran.

Don't you want to make America GREAT again?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies