Attn. Justices: Atlasia v. Benconstine (Case Closed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:31:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attn. Justices: Atlasia v. Benconstine (Case Closed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attn. Justices: Atlasia v. Benconstine (Case Closed)  (Read 2099 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: April 17, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »

How does the defendant plea?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »

I do ask the court for a light sentence, as this was near the end of his punishment and no serious electoral implications are on the horizon.

First, It is the court's understanding that the defendant's previous sentence was to expire soon, for the record, when was it set to end?  And assuming the defendant had not violated the law, would he have been eligible to vote in this election?

Second, what penalty does Atlasia seek in this matter?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »

I'm willing to take the AG's suggestion and impose his sentence of a three week extension which itself will be extended to cover the full duration of an election the defendant would otherwise be entitled to vote if such election is underway at the expiration of this sentence.

So ordered.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »

I should further note that the defendant should watch himself, this court will not take kindly to a third offense.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 09:53:53 PM »

I thank the Court for giving me a light sentence.  If I may ask, exactly when will I be able to vote again?  I'd like to avoid making this same mistake again.

Three weeks from the end of your original sentence OR if there is an election on going in that period which you would have been eligible to vote in (had you not erred) at the conclusion of voting for that/those election(s)...whichever comes last.

As to not allow a scenario to allow your sentence to stretch into perpetuity, the "added" time will only count from the first eligible election that occurs during your sentence but extends beyond it.

So say on the final week of your added suspension an election (which you could have otherwise voted in, say for president), your suspension will not end until the general voting booth for that first election closes.  If say an eligible at large seat opens up a few days after (and its booth stays open a day or two longer) you can vote in that election on the days after your sentence is served.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies